Forsaken "home" systems?

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
prolog
Hunter
Hunter

Forsaken "home" systems?

Post by prolog »

I'm working on a campaign for VS (currently, it's about 2/3 done). Is there a "home" system for the Forsaken? I know a bit of their background, that their slowboats took them to a number of systems and due to the centuries in transit, they're now minor powers. But my question is, what are these systems?
Current rig: Refurbished Robin
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

The Diaspora Sector, I think. Look up more info of it in the systems list or planets list.

I don't know much about the intended story. ask JackS. But I think you got it wrong.

But in my OWN interpretation of the forsaken history. The forsaken were the first colonists from earth, travelling in hibernation slowboats (that is slower than light, since at the time of departure, FTL was not yet invented). They left first, arrived last, since the faster new FTL-drive ships had already landed and colonized their target planets for at least a hundred years. So.. they got left with nothing.

Bright eyed they set out to a new future... only to find out they are now the lost past. :wink:

Those reluctant to join the Confederacy or the League, just went on(or were herded) unto unsettled, and often unpalatable, border worlds. That's the Diapora sector. As for a homeworld. They are too scattered to boast of ONE homeworld.

But as of now, I was proposing the subfaction Edenites (Children Of God) as a prospective dominant subfaction among the forsaken, but it's still pending approval/rejection. If they do get approved, their homeworld would be Eden. of course. :wink:
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...