Feel the hate. I'd rather not.

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
majdrkfir
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Feel the hate. I'd rather not.

Post by majdrkfir »

How do you change the amount that the various factions hate/like you? I'm assuming the values are in the save game file, somewhere near where it lists how many kills you have made, but I'm not sure which one it is.

Additionally, Is there any way to rename your ship?

Cheers,
Jas.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

tinkering with faction rateings is tricky i gather but there are a couple on threads on how to somewhere.as for changeing your ship name ATM it is not but will be it is just not a priority.

Enjoy the Choice :)
majdrkfir
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by majdrkfir »

Alright, thanks. Any chance you could direct me to one of these posts explaining it? I didn't see any. I would have expected that since the rating system was so fluid, a simple input of the correct number would have the desired effect of making you forever popular... or until I went on my next piratirical rampage. ;)

Jas.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

I think it's stored in factions.xml.
majdrkfir
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by majdrkfir »

Hmmm.. That does appear to be the relations between the various faction, though how eactly each are ranked works, I'm not sure. It also apears to be a general parameter.. i.e. for when you start, how much the factions like/hate eachother.

I changed some values and nothing interesting happened.

What I was actually looking for was how you boost how much the factions like you, of a save game. One game I saved, I became a sucessful bounty-hunter, but everyone hates me now, and I just wanted to edit it to make it so I won't get attacked on sight. I would expect it to be stored somewhere in the save file or vecinity, since each saved game had an independent value as to how much other ships like and dislike you.