Custom "Tip" Screen

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
Accu-Accelerated
Hunter
Hunter

Custom "Tip" Screen

Post by Accu-Accelerated »

Is it possible in Vega Strike to make a graphic pop up when a certain key is pressed? How would I go about doing so? I would like to make a little guide of sorts to the controls/what the numbers and lights mean that could pop up and be toggled on or off at the press of a key. I can make the graphics, but I don't have the knowledge from a technical point of view about how to implement that in the game, but I don't think it would be too hard, since we have VDU's and that "press Q to quit" screen. Thanks in advance. :idea:
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

ya we didn't allow that to be too pluggable---but I think once the CEGUI comes out and the cockpit can use that--and that can be controlled through python it should come fairly simple now that we can lock a key to a particular python script---so if you don't mind maybe wait till klauss has a ogre test with bases working
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I might add something like that for pre-Ogre CVS.
Mostly because John really needs that and a few other tiny things for Gold. It's not a big deal (if it turns out to be a big deal, I'll abandon in favour of the long-term solution of working on CEGUI stuff - so don't hold your breath).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Accu-Accelerated
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Accu-Accelerated »

Okay, thanks, I'll just wait until that GUI stuff is implemented... but I don't know how to work with python or anything so someone will probably have to help me with that... then I'd be able to make all sorts of tweaks with the GUI! :twisted: