Mission/Base Computer

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
Accu-Accelerated
Hunter
Hunter

Mission/Base Computer

Post by Accu-Accelerated »

Right now the mission/cargo/upgrade/base computer interface seems like it has lots of potential, but right now it just looks really ugly. How can you edit the computer so it looks better, as I'm interested in helping re-do the look of it?
Zeog
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Zeog »

mkruer is putting quite some effort into the New GUI for WCU (lots of concept pics). I'm sure that general features of this new GUI will also be included into Vega Strike.
Accu-Accelerated
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Accu-Accelerated »

Allright, I've found a texture called "basecomputer" and I've changed it.

I can't post a screenshot right now as the Image Gallery isn't working. (I tried to upload my image in user-submitted art and it only gives me an error message about read-only filesystem).

I would just like to know how to skin the basecomputer, the buttons, and the font, so the interface at least looks better while we wait for major changes to be implemented.
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

This is something I've been considering for some time - Can we even skin the computer? I know we can change the background, but is the skin hardcoded into the engine?

My thought was that if we can skin it, it opens possibilities for:
1) multiple computer appearances in VS alone;
2) for PR & GG use the Privateer computer interface;
3) for VS status as the background engine, allow modability for ANY game type, by allowing skin design to suit any game preference.
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!