Animated Textures

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Animated Textures

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

What's the procedure for making VS-compatible ones again? There's links to a wiki entry about it all over the place here, but it's a dead URL and there's nothing in the actual VS wiki.

Similarly, damage map and LODing implementation isn't really explained at all- while I don't actually need these right now so much as animatables, they'd be handy to know.
Zeog
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Zeog »

I can't give you the exact specification, but those information chunks might help you till it is posted.
For every frame you need a separate picture (all equal in size, I presume). Then you create a "animationName.ani" file. It contains in its first two lines the animations meta-data followed by a list of file names for those frames.
The ani-file looks like this:

Code: Select all

two numbers (perhaps the center of that animation?)
numberOfFrames durationThatEveryFramesIsShowedInSeconds
frame1.png
frame2.png
Could somebody verify that?

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... sh_Screens adresses that issue a little.

Well, and then if you plan to develop for Ogre: you can simply use video-files (looking here for features that come: wiki Development:Ogre) :wink:
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

All right, that's what it looks like in the current version, too. Thanks, dude!