Wiki problems

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
tiny paintings
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Wiki problems

Post by tiny paintings »

This is all very simple: I cannot log into the wiki to edit pages!!
It says I should use my forum username but that just doesn't work. What's wrong?
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

Odd. Are you entering the wikiname exactly as your forum-

tiny_paintings (with lower case and underscore)?
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!
tiny paintings
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by tiny paintings »

Yes, of course :)

The really odd part is the error message it spits back at me:

"There is no user by the name "Tiny paintings". Check your spelling, or use the form below to create a new user account."

I.e. it has changed the first character to uppercase and removed the underscore.

Someone must know something about this, site admin...??
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Hmmm..... maybe this has to do with how MediaWiki capitalizes the first letter of each article, and represents articles that have spaces in the title with an underscore.
tiny paintings
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by tiny paintings »

Sounds like it might be related to that, yes.

To site staff: can this be fixed?

I changed my username temporarily into Tiny paintings and with that I was able to log in.
I'd rather keep this name though since I use it at other forums too - keeping track of your 6! usernames is somewhat frustrating :)
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I wouldn't expect it to be fixed soon. It requires modifying phpBB's code, and not every site admin knows how, plus not every site admin has the time for that. It would be better to check if that particular issue has been addressed by phpBB's devs, and try to upgrade this forum to use that newer version if so. But still, migrating from one version to another is also quite a task, so in the end, I don't think it will happen any time soon.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe