Addons

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
seven
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Addons

Post by seven »

Are user-made ship designs and other game addons aside from whole game MODs available anywhere? I've done some pretty massive web searches but haven't found any fansites other than the main VS website.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Not that I know of. It's a bit complicated to get custom ships into your game. First, you need to copy the ship mesh and textures into its own folder in the units directory, and then add a line to units.csv which containts ship stats. I think if you want to be able to buy it in the game, you have to add some stuff to the master parts list as well.

I think that things are a bit too complex at the moment for casual sharing of fanmade ships, even if there were many of those.