pondering a Spaceballs "lonestar" ship

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
tripintraveler
Merchant
Merchant

pondering a Spaceballs "lonestar" ship

Post by tripintraveler »

ok i think i safely say im addicted to VS now that im actually dreaming about things in the game (and what id like in the game)... A thought accured to me (and i woke up laughing) would anybody be interested in putting together "LoneStar Winnebego" starship from the movie Spaceballs? ... personally i have No idea how to do this or id be working on it as we speak, (im a gamer not a programmer) **Sigh** but anyway i just thought after seeing all the custom ships out there, and this sleep deprivation started kicking in andf my sense of humor took over that it would be Pretty Darn Cool to be able to fly the LoneStar Winnebego, ... i think it'd be awsome as a cargo ship / bomber much like the goddard.. :wink: :D hehehe
anyway, just a thought
tripintraveler
Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up and Hang On, .. We're Going For A Ride
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

Actually, it probably wouldn't be too difficult since a Winnebago is rather box-like and slapping some wings with engines attached wouldn't be too hard. Texturing on the other hand.... that would require a good artist or at least someone who can find usable pictures of a Winnebago and map it to the model. Needs to have a weapon that shoots giant jars of Smuckers. :lol:

What would really be funny is SpaceBall One. REALLY high flight mode speed with insane accel to simulate "Ludicrous Speed". It might be difficult to handle the Mighty Maid mode though (and it needs to be big enough for a Winnebago to fit in the ear. :lol:)
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
ack2000
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by ack2000 »

this should be easy. search the web for a winabego model and modify using parts of tarus (since its so close to being on itself)

the hard part will be weapons.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

that would be really awesome :-)

I can't wait to fly a winnebago with wings! rock on!
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
tripintraveler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by tripintraveler »

hehe, ... ok, .. from a Non Programer, and VS Junkie, .. heres my Christmas 2005 wishlist, ... if anyone could find it in the depths of their hearts, .... can someone modify (iff possible) a Goddard to the "Lonestat Winnebego" from spaceballs, ship Texture... (i LOVE my gaddard.... but it would just LOOK better as that Body style of ship) ...This would be HEAVEN for me ... heheh
thanks everyone
Tripintraveler
Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up and Hang On, .. We're Going For A Ride
wanderer
Trader
Trader

Post by wanderer »

as a VS junkie and spaceballs fan all i can say is that would be great. if i was better at the programing and moddeling side of things I would consider doing a full spaceballs mod just for the funof it :lol:
Eat, drink, and be merry... for tomorrow we die!

yesterday we knelt before kings and bowed our necks to emperors,
today we make our stand and,
tomorrow we obay only the truth.
Lonestar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Lonestar »

I must say I approve.
==========
Lonestar
==========
"Not if we jam it! Down scope!"
psylo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by psylo »

I stumbled across Vega Strike a few days ago, I haven't even really played it yet. Last night at around 2am I had a look in the forums here because I couldn't find any graphics settings and I stumbled into this thread. It got me thinking. What model Winnebago did Lonestar have?

I had to search for hours to find this out, I hope it helps someone or spurs them on with this idea. The Winnebago in spaceballs in a 1986 Chieftain 33 ft. I have a few photo's of one if anyone would be interested.