Cockpit definitions

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Cockpit definitions

Post by smbarbour »

I have added some content to the Wiki (The new one, not the old phpWiki) defining the structure of .CPT files using what I could gather from the files. If I have made any mistakes, please correct them.

I also have a question. I'm not much of an artist, but would like to make a semi-transparent background for the VDUs and whatnot in the disabled cockpit. This should make it easier to read the information against the brighter backgrounds in the systems. I'm guessing that I just need to make a PNG file that has a semi-transparent alpha and use that in the SPR files. Also, could someone help me with the right settings to increase the height of the left and right VDUs? I would like the manifest and objectives to show more information before I need to scroll down.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
crouton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by crouton »

I checked your stuff out before seeing this post - thanks for the detailed information!
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you can add panel components that add background to the hud elements--
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you can add panel components that add background to the hud elements--

you can also try making the vdu .spr files actually point to useful images that have partial alpha transparen cy
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

This is what I did. I created a 16x16 PNG with a color value of RGB(0,0,95) at 33% transparency. It looks good, but I was hoping there would have been a little space between the edge of the image and the left margin of the text. Just a few pixels would look great.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.