3rd person cam + HUD

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
Tattorack
Trader
Trader

3rd person cam + HUD

Post by Tattorack »

Is there a way to make a HUD for the 3rd person cam mode?
Also, to not have the camera move immediatly when the ship moves?
God is a bacteria!

"Because it submerges into a marine enviroment I'm going to call it the safely-go-under-the-water-without-detection device"
-Leonard of Quirm
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: 3rd person cam + HUD

Post by TBeholder »

Isn't it already in modes through which right VDU cycles?
The second could be a bit of a headache, probably, but not too hard to consider. Then again, if it's for WC autopilot effect, Pan camera + zoom out gradually would do the same trick, so why bother?
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Tattorack
Trader
Trader

Post by Tattorack »

TBeholder wrote:Isn't it already in modes through which right VDU cycles?
The second could be a bit of a headache, probably, but not too hard to consider. Then again, if it's for WC autopilot effect, Pan camera + zoom out gradually would do the same trick, so why bother?
Thats... not what I mean.
VS curently has no HUD for any camera mode other than first person.
And I'd like the camera in third person to be "slow parented" (if that term exsists beyond Blender...) and not be snapped to the back of the ship.
God is a bacteria!

"Because it submerges into a marine enviroment I'm going to call it the safely-go-under-the-water-without-detection device"
-Leonard of Quirm
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Tattorack wrote:VS curently has no HUD for any camera mode other than first person.
And I'd like the camera in third person to be "slow parented" (if that term exsists beyond Blender...) and not be snapped to the back of the ship.
I don't know what you mean under "HUD". There are multiple view modes (both ship and target, free pan and bound) for the main screen and cycling target 3D views on right VDU in cockpit.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter