Mac OS X App Creator

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
A Future Pilot
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Mac OS X App Creator

Post by A Future Pilot »

Hey all!

So I was just browsing the internet for space sims and came across Vega Strike. It looks AWESOME!! I actually honestly haven't even gotten a chance to play it yet, but I most definitely will as soon as a get a spare moment (it's the end of the semester here at college, and for a CS major that means projects! ;))

Anyway, I saw on the home page that y'all needed someone to compile Vega Strike on a mac. Well here at school we have quite a few Macs with Xcode 3.2 (or 4) on them and I would be more than happy to look into creating Mac binary's for y'all! If you would like me to, I'll be able to for the next 3 years (ish), until I graduate :)

Just wanted to offer my help!

John
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Mac OS X App Creator

Post by klauss »

Cool beans :D

If you need help, don't hesitate to ask. We don't have macs (I don't even know how building and packaging works on them), but we probably can give you pointers.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
A Future Pilot

Post by A Future Pilot »

Awesome! Thanks! And when I get them done I'll shoot a link your way so you can post em wherever :)

Also...you get +100 XP for using "cool beans" ;)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome aboard Pilot building VS from source should not be that difficult as long as you have all the relevant libraries available for gcc to link to.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I think there is a thread somewhere were strook tried to build on the mac but failed.. or another member.. It was some time last year so the thread may not be easy to find.

Cool Beans?? Haven't heard that in a long while.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
A Future Pilot

Post by A Future Pilot »

Thanks I'll be on the look out for it! :)

And "Cool Beans" is one of my catch phrases :)
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Btw, Future Pilot, your input is needed in this thread:
http://forums.vega-strike.org/viewtopic ... 27&t=18189
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community