Contacts for potential partnership

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
talad
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Contacts for potential partnership

Post by talad »

UPDATE: I got in touch with klauss few days ago, finally.

Hi,
I've been trying since few weeks to contact the developers on IRC at freenode and on klauss sourceforge email, but got no luck in getting an answer.

I'm building a web site with open source games and I want to speak with the lead developers to understand if they are interested to be part of it with Vegastrike.

If you are klauss or pheonixstorm and you are reading this message, please contact me at pancallo at netscape dot net. If you are another active dev, please let me know how I can get in touch with them.

Thanks,
Luca.
talad
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re: Contacts for potential partnership

Post by talad »

I would be grateful if some other devs could contact me. Klauss is now not responsive since 10 days...

Thanks,
Luca.
DaveAshton
Merchant
Merchant

Post by DaveAshton »

Have you tried the PM system? Just find one of their posts, and under their avatar click PM to then send them a private message.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

A little more information would be helpful.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
talad
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by talad »

Hi pheonixstorm, the initiative is still in creation, so I don't want to post all details on a public board until it's finalized. I'm happy to share it with the core developers of vegastrike. Send me an email to the address above, and I will fwd to you the details like I did with Klauss. Also I suggest you to join the vegastrike channel on irc in freenode to have a live discussion, this will help to speed up the process.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Actually I have the information that was sent to kluass and didn't even know it. Its worth checking into but for now its a wait and see as I know the current crop of developers probably all have a list of questions for you. Its just a matter of getting everyone together or at least around to make any kind of decision.

So for now be patient.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
talad
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by talad »

I'm open to organize a meeting to chat about the initiative and answer any questions you may have. You can reach me on freenode IRC with the nick of Talad. Please let me know when we can organize this.

Easiest way to reach the channel is: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vegastrike
talad
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by talad »

The Free Game Alliance went live!!

http://www.freegamealliance.org
talad
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by talad »

mmmm... enjoy the silence...
segfault
Merchant
Merchant

Post by segfault »

Congrats on going live!
Just looked at the site. Looks interesting. Though I'm not much of a gamer, I can appreciate the effort of what you're doing.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Lots to do lots to do... Klauss is busy with real life and coding while i'm busy getting things ready to move the website to a new host and getting the next release rolled out. For now, I can say we will probably want you to sign us on, but I know klauss wanted to ask some questions first, so i'm trying to get in touch with him before giving any final word on the subject.
segfault
Merchant
Merchant

Post by segfault »

Joining the FGA would no doubt help with Public Relations and get more folks in the doors who would like to help out.
Having another site pointing to (and hyping) VS can't hurt!
Hopefully things work out.
omegakent
Explorer
Explorer

Post by omegakent »

I'm playing VegaStrike for a while, since version 0.4.0, mainly under Windows 32-bit, but sometimes under Linux openSuSE 64-bit. Last version, 0.5.1, is given some trouble to me under Windows, but anyway I'm following it. As a fan of VegaStrike, I go for joining to FGA. It's a very active group, so it's possible we can get impulse from them.
BTW, maybe I can help a bit in the project. It's physically heterodox to have 2 or more planets (or stars) at less than 1 million km distance each one... I can help in some corrections about that, and something else if my poor skills in programming are someway useful.
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." Salvor Hardin in Foundation, by Isaac Asimov. New York, 1943.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

The galaxy generator could certainly use some love and tweaking.

Thing is, its inner workings are not well documented.

The best anything can do for that matter as of now, is figuring it out, and document it.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

FGA has so far gone nowhere, haven't heard back from em.. guess we arent active enough for em.
talad
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by talad »

Hi,
nothing is lost ! We are still watching you guys, we didn't yet select a space sim for the FGA, and you are one of the candidates. We want to be sure to select the right project, as it will be a long partnership.

The main problem with vegastrike is the low activity, but we have seen some progress lately, so keep up the good work and we will speak again soon!

Luca.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

The problem with waiting is that it helps no one not to mention the fact that there are so few open source flight sims anyway. Your choices are few and far between.