Mesh Masters?

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
athomic1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Mesh Masters?

Post by athomic1 »

After reading about the source meshes in the SVN's "masters" module, I went to check it out last night, but only found a few of the ships represented. What, no LLAMA??? :o Yes, I see the directory is there, with some PNGs in it, but... where's the mesh???

I suppose ships that are 'frozen', of finalized, or whatever, don't need further editing, so might be left out of the list. Still, it would be nice to be able to study those, too. Are they available somewhere else?

I did check for formats besides Blender, and it does look like there's at least a few others represented (even a LightWave object in there, looks like!), so there's at least a few more to play with than I thought. It also occured to me that some of the vessels just haven't been meshed yet, and just need some kind soul to step up to the CAD station. Can anyone verify this?

Even so, there's still no Llama mesh, so my question stands: Is there anywhere I can find the missing ones? :D
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Mesh Masters?

Post by klauss »

The masters repo is rather new, only newer ships have their meshes in masters.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
athomic1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by athomic1 »

I see. Are the older ships' meshes available elsewhere, then?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I think only in SVN, in bfxm form.

There was a decision taken sometime ago to slowly replace them with more technologically up to date versions (perhaps keeping the old versions as LODs) and only then would they be uploaded to masters.

The mesh tool already can convert between bfxm and obj and other formats compatible with various 3D modelling suites, so there's really no need to upload them to masters.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe