VS Ships to OBJ?

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
Dunkelheit
Merchant
Merchant

VS Ships to OBJ?

Post by Dunkelheit »

Is there a way to convert the meshes used in the game to an obj, or any other format that can be used in blender?

For the moment I need the Rlaan little ships, for a thing I'm cooking, if the artist have the files, or maybe they are in some place of the data, please some one help with this.
You know you have been raytracing too long when ...
... You take a photo course just to learn how to get the lighting right.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

You should be able to browse the svn masters repo and grab the source files ie..blend files and xfc's for the textures then there is using mesher to convert the bfxm to Obj and Mtl there is some info on using mesher in the wiki but you may be frustrated if you are on windows check the Developer Focus sub-forum the last couple on pages for a discussion by klauss and chuck on what works and what does not :wink: the wiki link for mesher http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/HowTo:Add_Ships and the masters repo : http://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... k/masters/ which may be your best bet.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dunkelheit
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dunkelheit »

THANKS!! mesher works perfect for me!!!!!

And of course Im in linux!!

Now that I've loaded some ships in Blender I see that they have some doubled vertices, and things inside them that are not seen from outside, I think that this is more work for the GPU, think they need to be fixed.
As I said in other post when I select all and click remove doubles in the Taizong/Vidar, blender remove almost 3000 vertices, and after that the ship shade better, so i think there is no reason for that vertices.
well just my point of view.
You know you have been raytracing too long when ...
... You take a photo course just to learn how to get the lighting right.