Reclaiming 'Reclaimable' ships

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Reclaiming 'Reclaimable' ships

Post by bgaskey »

There are ships listed as reclaimable in the wiki:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... :3D_Models

Where does the finished work on these ships live? I'm interested in restarting one of these models in my free time. 8)

EDIT: especially the Vulture, the Forsaken corvette

It seems like jackS may have the models that were worked on.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

IIRC, the Nietzsche is the only one of the Reclaimable models we ever received any mesh work for. For most of the Reclaimable models, screenshots were posted of the WIP, but no model was subsequently delivered. The 3 Unadorned fighters all have fairly detailed concept art that can be reached from:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... :Unadorned

As for the rest, you'll have to hunt down existing screenshots to use as concept art, or just redesign from scratch.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Ah well. I guess there's not much hope of tracking down the original artists. If you want, you can email me the Neitzsche and I can do some work on that. It'll be nice to have a reference while learning the ins and outs of the modeling program. :wink:
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

bgaskey wrote:Ah well. I guess there's not much hope of tracking down the original artists. If you want, you can email me the Neitzsche and I can do some work on that. It'll be nice to have a reference while learning the ins and outs of the modeling program. :wink:
Nietzsche mailed.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

It would appear I was in error - we also have textureless meshes for the Toad (aka Hammer), and a type-to-be-determined-later civilian yacht
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Guys to prevent duplication of effort please post which ship you are working on in this thread 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Got all three. I'll start with the Neitchsce (not spelled right at all but yall get the idea) :wink:
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

On the subject of old artwork, does anyone know the name of the ship you see in down in the shipyard and on the monitor in the fighter barracks and starfortresses (as well as the magazine cover inside the upgrade area of larger ships)?

Is this ship 'reclaimable' and can it's depictions in-game be used as concept art?