POV-Ray

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
Dunkelheit
Merchant
Merchant

POV-Ray

Post by Dunkelheit »

Can I make a ship with pov-ray?, is it posible to export to VS format?.

I've worked in some way with it, but I don't understand anything about meshes so I wanna know if there's a way.
I make almost anything in povray using only CSG.
You know you have been raytracing too long when ...
... You take a photo course just to learn how to get the lighting right.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

If you can get a Obj +Mtl file output they are the format that Lightwave uses that can be fed to mesher to output a bfxm(our internal format)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

There's no way to do it unless you want to recreate your csg in another tool :-)
POV-Ray stores objects in an internal format that is very, very, but very different from the common mesh format (e.g. for a sphere it stores the center point and the radius, period).

Better try wings3d.