How to print a message in Hud if Inertial mode is toggled on

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
gspeed
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

How to print a message in Hud if Inertial mode is toggled on

Post by gspeed »

Is there an API to render messaged on the HUD (top left)?

I guess I found when the "`" key press event is handled and I would like to add some code so a message appears stating "Inertial Mode Activated" (or Deactivated)... it should not be that difficult :shock:

Yes, I know, soon or later a nice sprite should appear but for now it seems to me a very easy (?) alternative. :oops:

Thx!
gspeed
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Most of the GUI elements are python controlled not sure where in the code the HUD section is buried through.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

The HUD is done in C++ because it is updated every frame...

It would be nice to allow python to display stuff on the HUD, and if you have ideas on what types of python functions would be most useful I might implement them.

Anyway, at the moment, you just have to add it in C++, and compile it yourself.
The places where most cockpit stuff is done is in "cockpit.cpp" and "vdu.cpp" in the gfx directory.

I would like to see this feature added myself... this one gets me a lot as I come crashing into a base after SPECing over.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

On both my personal "needs to be done soon" list and marked as high priority in the bug tracker is the need for additional status indicators.

I've got a list of indicators there should probably be hooks for that's sitting on my desk, but I haven't had a lot of time for code munging lately.