Yet another Contributing to Vega Strike thread

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
MJSkia1
Trader
Trader

Yet another Contributing to Vega Strike thread

Post by MJSkia1 »

Okay, I'm sure that you've heard this by now, but I'm rather enamored by the project and I'd like to contribute. I'm not much of a C/C++ coder (I'm best with Java, PHP, and Lisp), but I've done my best to dive into Python. Heck, I'd even clean up game data files or go through the wiki with a broom.

As an idea, maybe one of the admins should make a sticky thread for would-be contributors, because most of the people who want to contribute probably have different skills and areas of interest. For example, I'd be interested in scripting some missions or perhaps even developing the campaign.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Welcome, and what about making a campaign editor?

Dandandaman is making one, in Java IIRC, so I bet you could help him out there. Feel free to contact him (through PM) on the details, I know nothing about that subproject.

After the editor is done, scripting campaigns (using the editor) would follow, and that should be a major step for the game (many people that complain about gameplay find that - the lack of a fully developed campaign - as the biggest detractor).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
MJSkia1
Trader
Trader

Post by MJSkia1 »

Sounds like a good idea. I'll send him a PM.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

PM with details sent! :-) Sorry bout the slight delay...

Dan
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso