Documentation for classes in campaign_lib.py in PR?

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
commanderfalafel
Merchant
Merchant

Documentation for classes in campaign_lib.py in PR?

Post by commanderfalafel »

I posted this first to the Privateer Remake-specific forum. Sorry for the clutter!

Is there a document floating around that describes what all the classes in campaign_lib.py do? More generally, is there documentation for any of these files that I could look at? Some are commented really well, but others don't have much in the way of comments.

Thanks!
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Not really,
It's something I try to work on when I learn/modify python stuff ... but don't always get around to it. Feel free to ask any questions though ... here, or in irc :-) It'd be great to have someoe actively writing campaigns :-D

Dan.a
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
commanderfalafel
Merchant
Merchant

Scripting a campaign is the goal, but I think that getting a handle on the scripting is going to take me a while. Hopefully I'll be able to produce something useful in the process.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

If you've played part of the campaign in the game, you can look at campaigns.py and see how things match up and work (there's comments in there too :-) ). That's how I learnt pretty much ... with a whole bunch of coaching from hellcat ;-)

Dan.a
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
commanderfalafel
Merchant
Merchant

I think it's a personal problem of mine that I just have to find out how things work :)