Hud Editor stable release

A forum for the discussion and development of programs to assist working on or playing with the Vegastrike engine and data sets.
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Hud Editor stable release

Post by Paul »

Here's a stable release of the Hud Editor. I have fixed a few more bugs as well as ironed out the issues with the gauge buttons. The buttons do affect the in game gauges now.

Hud Editor 1.0.0.1
Last edited by Paul on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

VSTrade - A Merchants Guide to Intergalactic Trading!
0.3.0.0 Stable (3 july 2008)
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Hud Editor

Post by Paul »

I believe this will be the final release of the Hud Editor, until I can support meshes for VegaStrike Huds.

Hud Editor 1.0.0.2.zip
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

:( hehe. vega strike (tiny voice)
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Paul »

Oblivion wrote::( hehe. vega strike (tiny voice)
Yeah, I know Oblivion, I'll start trying to support meshes today. First, I need to see if I can learn how to project a .bxfm mesh to the screen. If I cannot do that, you'll have to convert the .bfxm to .xmesh before editing an existing cockpit.

This wouldn't be so bad for a new cockpit, maybe not so bad even for existing, just an extra step. I suppose its even possible I could automate the conversion within the editor. As you can see, I have thought on this matter, just haven't tried to implement it yet.

@Oblivion;
BTW. Have you tried to use a PR cockpit with VegaStrike? They should work. The only difference I can see is, VegaStrike uses a mesh for the main portion of the cockpit where PR uses an image.
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

version 1.0.0.3

Post by Paul »

Here's another release of the hud/cockpit editor for Privateer Remake 1.2. I have optimized the code, fixed several bugs and the program will not lock if it cannot find files.

It is however, very intolerant of extra white space in the .cpt and particularly the .spr files. It won't lock, but your cockpit and guages will not display correctly if you have extra white space at the end of lines.

Sorry Oblivion, I still havent figured out how to load and display bxfm meshes.

Hud Editor 1.0.0.3
"Sometimes, it's better to let others think you are stupid, rather than leave no doubt."
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Hud Editor 1.2.0.0

Post by Paul »

This is a major revision. VDU type editing has been added. More bugs fixed.

Hud Editor1.2.0.0.zip
"Sometimes, it's better to let others think you are stupid, rather than leave no doubt."
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Hud Editor 1.2.0.1

Post by Paul »

This is a very stable release. As far as I know, there are ZERO bugs. You can change textures for gauges and cockpit within the editor and thereby create and save, an entirely new cockpit, without ever opening a text editor. Be sure to read the included .doc for instructions. This release is still very intolerant of extra white space in the .cpt and particularly the .spr files.

Hud Editor 1.2.0.1.zip

@Oblivion, this will work for vegastrike cockpits, if you will replace the .bfxm with a .spr for the main portion of the cockpit. If you simply must have a .bfxm for the cockpit, edit the resulting .cpt file with the .bfxm file name.
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Hud Editor final

Post by Paul »

I believe this will be the final release of the hud editor. As far as I know, it is bug free.

Hud Editor 1.2.0.5

These are the Privateer 1.2 cockpits and others, reworked to load into the editor. Some, like Salthi and Dralthi, have reworked graphics.

new cockpits

If anyone working on the game code wants to include them in any future release of vegastrike, privateer, wcu or any mod, they may do so. No credit is required. Just don't claim them as your own.
Last edited by Paul on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tainok85
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by tainok85 »

Great program, with one small problem...

I'm running Maya 2008 Unlimited, Photoshop CS3, watching a DIVX movie, (on my computer, of course) plus running various text editors/firefox browser/pdf files etc. and my computer is running in top shape, no slowdowns or delays on anything.

I open up HUD editor, and BAM the computer bogs down instantly. I check my system resources, and it's using over a gig of RAM and is entirely monopolizing one of my cores. A program this simple shouldn't be doing that.

Again, great program, I just think there may be a small problem in there somewhere...

Just to test, I shut down EVERYTHING nonessential from the task manager and ran HUD editor again, same problem.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome tainok85 thanks for the report minor problem Paul the author is not active ATM.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
tainok85
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by tainok85 »

loki1950 wrote:Welcome tainok85 thanks for the report minor problem Paul the author is not active ATM.

Alright, thanks for the quick response. :)

The controls are not very accurate, either. I've found the best use of the HUD editor is to get your items in the general area, then tweak the values and try to get them more precise with a text editor (lots of guesswork) then load it back up in the HUD editor and see how close they are.

Is there any more efficient way of doing this that you know of, by chance?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Is there any more efficient way of doing this that you know of, by chance?
Not that i am aware of the problem is the clunky Python GUI definitions :wink: the move to the OGRE engine for rendering and its use of CEGUI for the GUI elements should simplify things.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

CPU Usage

Post by Paul »

I recently decided to play PR again and wanted to update a few cockpits when I came across this post.

I've tried to reproduce the cpu usage you mentioned, but I can't. I see no unusual load on my computer. If you could provide a bit more detail, I'll look into it.

I have an AMD dual core running at 3800 ghz each (overclocked :-) 2 gigs RAM and a 2000 FSB. OS is Windows XP Professional with service pack 3 and all AMD drivers are updated including the latest BIOS flash.

BTW you can gain finer control of the translation and scale functions by selecting the slider you want to use with the mouse or TAB then using the arrow keys. I use the mouse for a rough position then fine tune it with the arrow keys.
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Hud Editor stable release

Post by parkel »

im really sorry for bumping up this REEEEEALLLLLYYYYYYY old thread...
i just wanted to know if anyone here has the hud editor 1.2.0.5 and are willing to upload it into the forums.

cos the download links for filefront... they dont work anymore..
  • Derivative + pArKeL + a bunch of luddites = ?

:D
Shark
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Shark »

Could you post a screenshot as well as general description & basic instructions?

Thanks.

Mike
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I also need as well, along with the privateer hud editor if the last version 1205 doesnt support those.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »