Nightly Snapshot Anywhere?

A forum for the discussion and development of programs to assist working on or playing with the Vegastrike engine and data sets.
theguyfromsaturn
Trader
Trader

Nightly Snapshot Anywhere?

Post by theguyfromsaturn »

Hi there,

Some time ago, I found a SVN snapshot more recent than the current download version of VS. I know some sites have tools to do automatic nightly builds and often they'll have a sticky in an appropriate forum linking to it. I don't know if anything of the sort is possible but it would be nice. I just thought it might be a good idea.... I haven't been able to retrace the thread where I found it, which prompted this post. It's nice to play with a more up to date version from time to time, but it's not always possible to compile one's own.
I don't have a cool signature yet, so this lame stuff will have to do.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

sorry theguyfromsaturn no nightly build just the svn repository but there are the latest binaries in the the bin folder of data4.x so no compiling for the windows folk, OSX and Linux need to be compiled.look here http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... ode_HowTos if you have problems or questions just post 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

It's so much harder under *n*x-based systems (Mac and Linux) to get a statically-linked build together, while in Windows you can basically even just post the debug version you compiled for your own use and have it work everywhere.

So in Linux, you will just have to compile your own.
theguyfromsaturn
Trader
Trader

Post by theguyfromsaturn »

Thanks, I guess I will have to have a look at it.
I don't have a cool signature yet, so this lame stuff will have to do.