VSTrade: 0.3.0.0 (3 july 2008)

A forum for the discussion and development of programs to assist working on or playing with the Vegastrike engine and data sets.
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

Thank you very much, for to taking the time to explain and doing the bug hunting... :)

You'll need to put the "files.xml" in the working directory of the program, for it to run. It should be included in the main directory of the zip file...

"files.xml" holds all the possible paths to each file. It wont load anything without it. They are now externalized, so they can be edited without recompiling and editing the code. It should make it a lot easier to make the program work with VS mods. (Thou, there are other limitations ATM.)

I'll do better error handling and add a pop-up dialog, notifying of the missing file, in next release...

I'll also include the code changes, to avoid the race bug...

please stay tuned, I'll release the changes soon...
VSTrade - A Merchants Guide to Intergalactic Trading!
0.3.0.0 Stable (3 july 2008)
huginn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by huginn »

Sorry, I missed the new files.xml. With the file it works.

Got an OutOfMemoryError, though. 128M heap size does not seem enough for the milky_way.xml DOM. Had to start java with the -Xmx256m option.

Is it correct, that the output says, everything is loaded twice?

Code: Select all

(Info) Starting VSTrade 0.2.0.6
(Info) Paths loaded
(Info) Using default settings (NOT FOUND: "$PWD/vstrade_settings.xml")
(Info) Readme loaded
(Info) GUI loaded
(Info) Cargo loaded
(Info) Cargo loaded
(Info) Bases loaded
(Info) Bases loaded
(Info) Galaxy loaded
(Info) Galaxy loaded
(Info) VSTrade closing
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

that's strange... ^_^

did you remove:

load();
before adding:

DataCreater dataCreater = new DataCreater(this);
dataCreater.run();
If not, please do...

I don't get that, myself...

EDIT:
Here are the: current source
If you care to test it... And see if it also load twice...

If you don't find any bugs in it, I'll release it...

EDIT 2:
I also get OutOfMemoryError, from time to time. I'm sure there's some memory leaks loss... I'll try to fix them, but I don't have any experience with fixing memory leaks. I'll have to read up on it first...

However, I it rarely use above 60mb
huginn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by huginn »

GoldenGnu wrote:that's strange... ^_^

did you remove:

load();
*plonk* ... now that you mention it ... I didn't.

Without load() and with dataCreater.run() it runs perfectly, also without OutOfMemoryError.

(Info) Starting VSTrade 0.2.0.6
(Info) Paths loaded
(Info) Using default settings (NOT FOUND: "$PWD/vstrade_settings.xml")
(Info) Readme loaded
(Info) GUI loaded
(Info) Cargo loaded
(Info) Bases loaded
(Info) Galaxy loaded
(Info) VSTrade closing
Thanks.
huginn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by huginn »

GoldenGnu wrote:Here are the: current source
If you care to test it... And see if it also load twice...
After modification ( load(); <-> DataCreater dataCreater = new DataCreater(this); dataCreater.run(); ) works for me.
I also get OutOfMemoryError, from time to time. I'm sure there's some memory leaks loss... I'll try to fix them, but I don't have any experience with fixing memory leaks. I'll have to read up on it first...

However, I it rarely use above 60mb
Just out of curiosity: What do you mean with memory leaks? Java per se does not produce C-style memory leaks due to garbage collection. You probably mean something else ...
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

huginn wrote:After modification ( load(); <-> DataCreater dataCreater = new DataCreater(this); dataCreater.run(); ) works for me.
Great! I'll release a new version, later today...

I have to thank you once again, for tacking your time, to test it. It's very much appreciated!
huginn wrote:Just out of curiosity: What do you mean with memory leaks? Java per se does not produce C-style memory leaks due to garbage collection. You probably mean something else ...
Java produce memory leaks like every other programming language...

It can't garbage collect any object that is still referenced to ...
So if an object is added to a Collection, and not removed, after the object is not in use anymore, It can't be garbage collected.

It's mainly a problem, when saving, after changing from one VS directory to another, which will fire another Program.load(). I'm pretty sure that the old data is not totally removed. If I read the NetBeans profiler correct, it shows, that a lot of Node sub classes, (Base, Cargo, GalaxySystem etc.) survive the load...

Loading on startup and using the program, don't produce any notable leaks, thou...

All that said, I could be totally wrong, as I don't have much practice with profiling... ;)
huginn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by huginn »

GoldenGnu wrote:Java produce memory leaks like every other programming language...
OK, I understand.
GoldenGnu wrote:It's mainly a problem, when saving, after changing from one VS directory to another, which will fire another Program.load(). I'm pretty sure that the old data is not totally removed. If I read the NetBeans profiler correct, it shows, that a lot of Node sub classes, (Base, Cargo, GalaxySystem etc.) survive the load...
Hmm, sounds serious, as this stale data might interfere with the current data after a reload and produces wrong results. Perhaps I'll understand the loading process till/during next weekend.

I want to look at the code anyway as I intended to add a Profit-per-CargoVolume type of metric. Not sure, how to define it exactly, but I can experiment. Probably nCashProfitAvg / nCargoVolume should be enough already. This also gives me some experience with Swing. I keep you updated.
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

huginn wrote:
GoldenGnu wrote:Java produce memory leaks like every other programming language...
OK, I understand.
It's not that I'm an expert of any kind, It's just what I read lately...
huginn wrote:
GoldenGnu wrote:It's mainly a problem, when saving, after changing from one VS directory to another, which will fire another Program.load(). I'm pretty sure that the old data is not totally removed. If I read the NetBeans profiler correct, it shows, that a lot of Node sub classes, (Base, Cargo, GalaxySystem etc.) survive the load...
Hmm, sounds serious, as this stale data might interfere with the current data after a reload and produces wrong results. Perhaps I'll understand the loading process till/during next weekend.
It should replace the data fine, I'm just not sure that the old data is released properly...
huginn wrote:I want to look at the code anyway as I intended to add a Profit-per-CargoVolume type of metric. Not sure, how to define it exactly, but I can experiment. Probably nCashProfitAvg / nCargoVolume should be enough already. This also gives me some experience with Swing. I keep you updated.
That's cool, any help you'll give I'm willing to take... :)

I have been thinking of redesigning the way columns are added, for quite some time. I could be done somewhat easier...

Anyway, I just did some minor changes... Moved the arrTradeKeys and arrPriceKeys to the settings file, for an easier overview... I'll make a new release in moment, with the latest changes...

The files to look at to add another column to the trade table, is:
vstrade\data\settings\Settings.java
>> private final String[] arrTradeKeys = {...};
:: Just add the key from trade_en_US.properties (more on that file later)

vstrade\data\settings\Settings.java
>> private ArrayList<String> tradeTableColumns = null;
:: If you want the column to should be displayed by default, you should add it's key to this collection, in settings() after if (bDefaultSettings){

vstrade\language\trade_en_US.properties
:: The key is used trough out the program to identify the column.
The string is the name of the column header
It use format:
[key] = [string]

vstrade\moduls\trade\TradeTableRow.java
:: Simply add a new function that return the value you want. Set the value in the constructor, for it to sort faster.

vstrade\moduls\trade\TradeTableFormat.java
:: You could pretty much just copy one of the other columns. And just change the key. the getColumnValue for the added key should return the fucntion you created in TradeTableRow.

Hope this helps....
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

Hope this works better then the previous release...

Download: VSTrade: 0.2.0.7 ~900KB (jar and source)

Here is the change log, since 0.2.0.6:

New Features:
-Better error handling for missing files
-Fix for "race" bug (Hopefully)

Known Issues:
-Splash screen can't be translated (Won't fix)
-Danish translation is incomplete
-Vegamap: System combobox key presses activates vegamap key controls
-Cargo images are not shown

ToDo:
-More mods compatibility
-Try to fix memory leaks
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

This release include the first version of my DDS reader library.
ATM. It reads DXT1, DXT3, DXT5, and A8R8G8B8. and can't read: DXT2, DXT4, R8G8B8, X8R8G8B8
It is released under the GNU GPL. However, I haven't uploaded the source code, yet. So for now, you'll have to ask, if you want the source code...

Download: VSTrade: 0.2.0.8 ~900KB (jar and source)

Here is the change log, since 0.2.0.7:

New Features:
-Now show upgrade images as well (was ignored before in all version of VS)
-Now show the cargo images for VS 0.5.0 (loads DDS files)

Known Issues:
-The Trade Table can't be sorted (I'll release a fixed version ASAP)

ToDo:
-More mods compatibility
-Try to fix memory leaks, if any...
drinkypoo
Hunter
Hunter

That's a beauty

Post by drinkypoo »

2..8a is a beauty! I notice a bit of corruption (vertical streaking) on Reactor01's image, and the text on the buttons on the right side of the vegamap screen (Select System and Go To System) seem kind of confusing. Ironically I think I remember asking you to shrink those buttons :) and so I guess I still think that's a good idea, but I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to replace those buttons with some little graphics? I could probably draw you something (svg, bitmap, whatever) if you like that idea.

My latest fantasy (besides a 3d map) :) is to have configurable toolbars. Is there some library you could pull in to do it for you without super-bloating vstrade? :)

Anyway, again, well done, this is my new runtime version :) I ESPECIALLY like the way that you just jump out of the file dialog when you get to the vegastrike data dir. That's beautiful.
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

drinkypoo wrote:2..8a is a beauty!
Thanks a lot... You know it's really the feedback, that keep me coding... :)

drinkypoo wrote:I notice a bit of corruption (vertical streaking) on Reactor01's image,
If you're talking about the gray lines, I checked it with: WTV, and is seems the gray lines are there as well...
It's most likely the image that is corrupted, Maybe you should report it as a bug to VS.

However, I do see, that it's streaking, I don't know what to do about ATM. but, I'll try to find a solution.

drinkypoo wrote:and the text on the buttons on the right side of the vegamap screen (Select System and Go To System) seem kind of confusing. Ironically I think I remember asking you to shrink those buttons :) and so I guess I still think that's a good idea, but I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to replace those buttons with some little graphics? I could probably draw you something (svg, bitmap, whatever) if you like that idea.
Sure, that sounds like a nice idea, if you make some images, I'll try my best to implement them.. :)
They should be gif or png, and have transparent background, and basically just be a icon.
As a side note, it could be cool to have a VSTrade icon, so if you care to make one, I would appreciate it..

drinkypoo wrote:My latest fantasy (besides a 3d map) :)
I kinda like, that's only 2D. I think it make it easier to navigate, but it might just be me... (I play EVE-Online, and I always flattens the map, it's just simpler to navigate).

drinkypoo wrote:is to have configurable toolbars. Is there some library you could pull in to do it for you without super-bloating vstrade? :)
What do you want toolbars for, exactly? It's not that I don't like the idea, I'm just not sure where you want them :)

drinkypoo wrote:Anyway, again, well done, this is my new runtime version :) I ESPECIALLY like the way that you just jump out of the file dialog when you get to the vegastrike data dir. That's beautiful.
Thank you. It's part of the new way VSTrade get the paths inside the VS directory. It's now externalized, so if the VS file structure change, it will be a lot easier to change, and it will keep backward compatibility.

I have some bug fixes that I'll release one of the coming days.
The first make the trade table sortable again.
The second make it somewhat easier to find upgrades, ships, and cargo with the price search.

Next up is more mods compatibility for the map.
And as I think you suggested, earlier, I'll try to make VSTrade, search for the VS path automatic (It'll just look at some predefined paths), when no settings are found or when the VS path is not valid on startup.

Then I'll release a new stable release.

BTW, what do you thing about changing the version number to GIMP alike:
Major.Minor.Bugfix (ex. 1.0.1)
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

Download: VSTrade: 0.2.0.9 ~900KB (jar and source)

Here is the change log, since 0.2.0.8:

New Features:
-The images on the cargo tab, are now resized to fit the image box
-The cargo ComboBoxes now work correct when using the arrow keys to navigate
-Price search now include all the possible results, by default
-Trade Table can be sorted, again

Known Issues:

ToDo:
-Better mods compatibility for the Map
-Auto Config (set the path Vega Strike, automatic)
-More bug fixing...
drinkypoo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by drinkypoo »

GoldenGnu wrote: I kinda like, that's only 2D. I think it make it easier to navigate, but it might just be me... (I play EVE-Online, and I always flattens the map, it's just simpler to navigate).
Well don't get me wrong, I wouldn't throw away the 2d view. But it does get confusing at a certain point (mostly when you're zoomed out) and it's really not a 2d universe so the map can be misleading.
GoldenGnu wrote: What do you want toolbars for, exactly? It's not that I don't like the idea, I'm just not sure where you want them :)
The appeal of toolbars is that you can set each function to a different type of control, at least if you have a full toolbar library. So you can say for this button I want text, and this one I want the icon, and this one I want the text and the icon, you can change the order of controls or remove them, et cetera. It's more a wish list item than a feature request. The icons are the feature request, and I'll start tinkering on them :)

I'll see what I can do in terms of a vstrade icon, too.
GoldenGnu wrote: Major.Minor.Bugfix (ex. 1.0.1)
I don't think it matters so much. I mean, it's probably better to just be consistent.
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

drinkypoo wrote:
GoldenGnu wrote: I kinda like, that's only 2D. I think it make it easier to navigate, but it might just be me... (I play EVE-Online, and I always flattens the map, it's just simpler to navigate).
Well don't get me wrong, I wouldn't throw away the 2d view. But it does get confusing at a certain point (mostly when you're zoomed out) and it's really not a 2d universe so the map can be misleading.
I'll add it to the wish list, then :)

GoldenGnu wrote: What do you want toolbars for, exactly? It's not that I don't like the idea, I'm just not sure where you want them :)
drinkypoo wrote:The appeal of toolbars is that you can set each function to a different type of control, at least if you have a full toolbar library. So you can say for this button I want text, and this one I want the icon, and this one I want the text and the icon, you can change the order of controls or remove them, et cetera. It's more a wish list item than a feature request.
I don't know if there is a library that do that, but, I could hack something together, but, it would take time from other IMHO, more important issues..

So for now, I'll let it be a wish list item, as well....

drinkypoo wrote:The icons are the feature request, and I'll start tinkering on them :)
I don't think it shouldn't be to hard to add... Bring on the icons! :lol:

drinkypoo wrote:I'll see what I can do in terms of a vstrade icon, too.
Thanks, would be cool :)

drinkypoo wrote:
GoldenGnu wrote: Major.Minor.Bugfix (ex. 1.0.1)
I don't think it matters so much. I mean, it's probably better to just be consistent.

Okay, I'll keep the current version numbering intact, then...
huginn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by huginn »

Now that we are runners-up to the European championship I finally can get back to my promise of last week. But first: Congratulations to Spain!

Have two contributions to 0.2.0.9. Do not know, how to send to you, therefore the diff as attachment. Seems to work for me. I added some functionality to the trade view I was missing.
  • Select all and deselect all for the lists
  • Best trade for each cargo
Downside is, the table at the bottom has less space. I couldn't figure out the Swing layouting, so perhaps somebody can place the the best ... checkboxes somewhere else.

Also, it could be, that the button texts for the top bottoms are broken now. The diff file looks funny there. Sorry, do not know how to fix this.

Next thing on the todo list will be the profit per cargo. But probably not before next weekend.

Regards!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by huginn on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
huginn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by huginn »

GoldenGnu wrote:
huginn wrote:
OK, I understand.
I thought about it again. In my understanding it is not a memory leak in the strict sense, as memory is not lost. Not necessary objects are just not "unhooked". But this is more a fine philosophical point. I still wonder, though, where this could actually happen ... Haven't used profilers with Java yet, only C++.
GoldenGnu wrote:It should replace the data fine, I'm just not sure that the old data is released properly...
Could not go through the loading process yet ...
GoldenGnu wrote:The files to look at to add another column to the trade table, is:

Hope this helps....
Great, yes it will! :) (Should have looked at this post earlier again, so I needn't had to figure out some of these things on my own ... ;) )
huginn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by huginn »

drinkypoo wrote:
I also thought about some pseudo 3D functionality to the map. Some basic functionality seems to be already there. (getMapPoint and getViewPoint in GalaxyView). If the view is a projection from the galaxy seen from an arbitrary 3D view point, the we can look at the galaxy from all sides.

I'm not in these kind of things, but actually, VS does this all the time, projecting a 3D model onto a screen. Perhaps somebody here could give us some hints if we get stuck.

What I'm thinking of is similar to the external cam. I can zoom in and out, and rotate around 2 axes. Should be possible ... but I don't know how easy or difficult.

Anyway, is mouse movement implemented in the map view? Moving the mouse with pushed button in the view does not work for me, but would be really nice.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@huginn have a look at http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=6774 it's C++ with Qt4 but it is full 3D

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
huginn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by huginn »

Thanks loki, I will definitely have a look at it! :)

BTW: Is there some Wiki-Page where all these additional tools are listed?
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

huginn wrote:Now that we are runners-up to the European championship I finally can get back to my promise of last week. But first: Congratulations to Spain!
Hope the best team won (didn't see the match myself)
huginn wrote:Have two contributions to 0.2.0.9. Do not know, how to send to you, therefore the diff as attachment. Seems to work for me. I added some functionality to the trade view I was missing.
Downside is, the table at the bottom has less space. I couldn't figure out the Swing layouting, so perhaps somebody can place the the best ... checkboxes somewhere else.
I'll see what I can do to merge it in... I did quite a few changes since 0.2.0.9... It would be nice to have a Internet SVN repository, for this... But, I'll try to release a new version soon, so that your changes can be merge easier....
huginn wrote:Also, it could be, that the button texts for the top bottoms are broken now. The diff file looks funny there. Sorry, do not know how to fix this.
I'll do my best to fix this, If I get the changes merged properly...
huginn wrote:Next thing on the todo list will be the profit per cargo. But probably not before next weekend.
If you need help with anything, please ask... I'll give all the help I can...
huginn wrote:
GoldenGnu wrote:
huginn wrote: OK, I understand.
I thought about it again. In my understanding it is not a memory leak in the strict sense, as memory is not lost. Not necessary objects are just not "unhooked". But this is more a fine philosophical point. I still wonder, though, where this could actually happen ... Haven't used profilers with Java yet, only C++.
Well, I think I have fix most of it, I think almost all the objects are unhooked, now. And you're properly right, that it wasn't a memory leak... I don't know...
huginn wrote:
GoldenGnu wrote:It should replace the data fine, I'm just not sure that the old data is released properly...
Could not go through the loading process yet ...
If you need help with this, please ask, as well...
huginn wrote:
GoldenGnu wrote:The files to look at to add another column to the trade table, is:
Hope this helps....
Great, yes it will! :) (Should have looked at this post earlier again, so I needn't had to figure out some of these things on my own ... ;) )
yerh, the structure can be somewhat confusing at times... I'm not a great program architect...
huginn wrote:
drinkypoo wrote:
I also thought about some pseudo 3D functionality to the map. Some basic functionality seems to be already there. (getMapPoint and getViewPoint in GalaxyView). If the view is a projection from the galaxy seen from an arbitrary 3D view point, the we can look at the galaxy from all sides.

I'm not in these kind of things, but actually, VS does this all the time, projecting a 3D model onto a screen. Perhaps somebody here could give us some hints if we get stuck.
Well all the data for a 3d view is there, that last axis, is named z, but It's never used.
huginn wrote:What I'm thinking of is similar to the external cam. I can zoom in and out, and rotate around 2 axes. Should be possible ... but I don't know how easy or difficult.

Anyway, is mouse movement implemented in the map view? Moving the mouse with pushed button in the view does not work for me, but would be really nice.
Yes, that's not the way it works ATM. Right click will select, and left click will center, on the clicked place....
huginn wrote:Thanks loki, I will definitely have a look at it! :)

BTW: Is there some Wiki-Page where all these additional tools are listed?
The tools are listed at:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/OOG_Tools
...It's link to from the main wiki page
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

huginn wrote:Have two contributions to 0.2.0.9. Do not know, how to send to you, therefore the diff as attachment. Seems to work for me. I added some functionality to the trade view I was missing.
I couldn't make SVN (I have a local repository) do the merge. So I'm doing it by hand... It's not hard at all, and you code looks very good and easy to understand.
BTW, Did you know that you can select/deselect all in the list by [ctrl]+[a]?? I think, I might have a function in the NodeListModel, that'll do what you do.. anyway, I'll look into it... ;)
huginn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by huginn »

GoldenGnu wrote:
huginn wrote:Now that we are runners-up to the European championship I finally can get back to my promise of last week. But first: Congratulations to Spain!
Hope the best team won (didn't see the match myself)
They did indeed! Our team was mainly busy with handing over the ball to Spain again.
GoldenGnu wrote:I'll see what I can do to merge it in... I did quite a few changes since 0.2.0.9... It would be nice to have a Internet SVN repository, for this... But, I'll try to release a new version soon, so that your changes can be merge easier....
The diff file contains context information, it may even work on your version. Make a copy of your folder containing the splash.jpg and Source folder, go inside, and try

patch -p1 < vstrade-0.2.0.9-ar.diff
It might work. Otherwise I could generate a respective diff for 0.2.0.10 to come.
GoldenGnu wrote:
huginn wrote:Also, it could be, that the button texts for the top bottoms are broken now. The diff file looks funny there. Sorry, do not know how to fix this.
I'll do my best to fix this, If I get the changes merged properly...
I'm not sure whether this is an issue at all. On my system everything still looks fine.
GoldenGnu wrote:If you need help with anything, please ask... I'll give all the help I can...
Thanks! :)
GoldenGnu wrote:yerh, the structure can be somewhat confusing at times... I'm not a great program architect...
I kind of like the structure. Well modularized. I find the things I'm looking for quite fast. :)
GoldenGnu wrote:The tools are listed at:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/OOG_Tools
...It's link to from the main wiki page
Thanks. Stupid me, ... got lost in the reading process of the page somehow ...
huginn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by huginn »

GoldenGnu wrote:I couldn't make SVN (I have a local repository) do the merge. So I'm doing it by hand... It's not hard at all, and you code looks very good and easy to understand.
Thanks. You could try the patch command of the previous post directly. I have a look what svn wants for diffs ...

Edit
As far as I understand, svn cannot apply patches/diffs natively. This is what the patch program/command is for.
GoldenGnu wrote:BTW, Did you know that you can select/deselect all in the list by [ctrl]+[a]??
No, I didn't. I might have guessed the keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+a for selecting all, space, shift+space, ctrl+space) work, though. On the other hand, I'm using the tool mainly via the mouse.

Edit
GoldenGnu wrote:I think, I might have a function in the NodeListModel, that'll do what you do.. anyway, I'll look into it... ;)
Really? I was happy realizing that there is a NodeListModel at all ... if I duplicated code, I will remove mine again. :)
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

ohh huhu... I was just editing, my above post, and I just look if I got a reply before posting it, and you wrote two posts...

Anyway, here is what it wrote:

I merged it all... and it compiles fine :)

Looks like you already did something in the MultiSelectionList (and not NodeListModel), so, I won't look into it anyway... :P

I have some minor issues, about the way the GUI look now.
I think, the select/deselect buttons should be on the top, with the other buttons, if you don't agree, please say so... I'm going to change it, now... but, we can always change it back. I'll add a + (plus) to select, and a - (minus) to deselect. If you have better option for symbols, please share them :)

I also think that checking and unchecking the checkboxes, when one of them is click, are a bad option (will confuse the user, as it's none-standard behavior). so, I think we should change them to radiobuttons, with a "normal search" option.

Also, just to be sure, the best cargo search, will find the best trade routes for each cargo type, right? (Just need to be sure ;) )

Thank you for contributing to VSTrade, you'll add you to the list of contributers... I'll add you forum name and/or your real name as you like. just tell me your wishes :)

I look forward to receiving more code, from you soon :)