Trade News Tool...

A forum for the discussion and development of programs to assist working on or playing with the Vegastrike engine and data sets.
vwcd
Explorer
Explorer

Trade News Tool...

Post by vwcd »

Hello All,

I have been studying how to trade in VS World and at the end I prepared a small web-based application called Vega Strike Trade News.

This application can help you when preparing your tour where and what to have to get the highest profit.

Yesterday, testing it I was able to keep a profitability of more than 40% every flight.

Today it is installed in my personal computer so it will not be available all the time. I would appreciate if you can try it in order to find any bugs and I will upload in some server (if I can find a gentle ISP provider to host it!).

The link to test is:

http://vwcd.homelinux.net:48971/vstradenews

If you have any question please do no hesitate to ask.

VS Team... I used the VS logo in the site if there is any authoring problem I can remove or replace it.

Enjoy!

Wj
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Very handy! Even a little bit of a cheat sheet. If the devs like it maybe we can upload it to our site to take a load off your server.

And no, I'm sure there will be no problems with you using the logo... its a helper project for VS after all! In fact, a more complete version can be found here:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/galle ... /full_logo
vwcd
Explorer
Explorer

Post by vwcd »

Halleck wrote:Very handy! Even a little bit of a cheat sheet. If the devs like it maybe we can upload it to our site to take a load off your server.

And no, I'm sure there will be no problems with you using the logo... its a helper project for VS after all! In fact, a more complete version can be found here:

Glad you liked it... I wouldn't say a cheat but a NASDAQ environment... :)

Thanks for the info about the logo... Already replaced!

Wj
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

Hi,

I would like to try it, but:

Beim Laden von http://vwcd.homelinux.net:48971/vstradenews ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten:
Zeitüberschreitung auf dem Server
Verbindung bestand zu vwcd.homelinux.net an Port 48971
www2
Venturer
Venturer
Location: milkyway->the sol system->earth->Europe->The Nederland->Soud Holland->Leiden

Post by www2 »

energyman76b wrote:Hi,

Beim Laden von http://vwcd.homelinux.net:48971/vstradenews ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten:
The same problame here...
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
CoffeeBot
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by CoffeeBot »

www2 wrote:
energyman76b wrote:Hi,

The same problame here...
It looks interesting, for sure, but the link is dead. Does anyone have a copy of it? I can post it to my server if it's a bandwidth issue.
XV-745
Trader
Trader

Post by XV-745 »

Yep. Link is dead. Somebody send a copy to CoffeeBot. I wanna try it! :D
www2
Venturer
Venturer
Location: milkyway->the sol system->earth->Europe->The Nederland->Soud Holland->Leiden

Post by www2 »

XV-745 wrote:Yep. Link is dead. Somebody send a copy to CoffeeBot. I wanna try it! :D
can somebody send a copy to my...
I want dis too...
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
XV-745
Trader
Trader

Error

Post by XV-745 »

Here's the error I get:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs\vstradenews\Connections\vstrade.php on line 9
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

XV
tripintraveler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by tripintraveler »

has anyone ever gotten a copy of this yet? and if so, anyone still use it / have it so i can try it?
Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up and Hang On, .. We're Going For A Ride
vwcd
Explorer
Explorer

Post by vwcd »

tripintraveler wrote:has anyone ever gotten a copy of this yet? and if so, anyone still use it / have it so i can try it?
Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble to access the link. I had a computer crash and lost almost everything, that's why most have problems to access the link.

I will try to recover it and let you know.

Regards
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome back vwcd have you had a look at VStrade yet it may have taken some thunder :wink: from your app.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
vwcd
Explorer
Explorer

Post by vwcd »

Hi Loki,

10x...

I had a look at VStrade and the ideia is very similar to it.

What I could check are the following differences comparing to VSTrade:
  • - My application is based on PHP, so you need an Internet connection , and it is very simple compared to VSTrade
    - The profitability is based on Product Category, e.g. Natural_Products/Food, and not on individual products (like Meat or Seafood) as in VSTrade
    - My application support trading with Vessels (like clydesdale)
Here is a sample of my application output so you can compare to VSTrade.

Trading from Ocean Planets to Fighter Barracks

Trade from Ocean Planets to Vessels

I set up the server again but it is not all the time on-line. So if you try and do not get a page do not get desparated, any doubt PM me.

For sure VSTrade is much more complete and can be used offline, and I think these differences can be included in VSTrads with no problem.

Regards
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

As you may have noticed there are some new categories of goods in the beta for 0.5 have you updated to the new master parts list?Have fun

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
vwcd
Explorer
Explorer

Post by vwcd »

I did not installed version 0.5 yet. The database is still for version 0.4.3.

When possible I will install version 0.5 and update database.

Regards
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

It's your server :wink: and hard drive been some changes for the better :D

GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

Hi..

I'm the creator of VSTrade. I just wanted to say it's cool to see an alternative to VSTrade :D It looks really slick and easy to use... :) As contrary to VSTrade... ;)

vwcd wrote:- The profitability is based on Product Category, e.g. Natural_Products/Food, and not on individual products (like Meat or Seafood) as in VSTrade
That's a nice feature, It makes everything a lot simpler... I wonder why I never thought about that... :?
Some day I might steal that feature and implement it in VSTrade :P

vwcd wrote:- My application support trading with Vessels (like clydesdale)
I just implemented that in VSTrade, but, It might still be buggy... ;)

Anwyay... Happy coding... :)
VSTrade - A Merchants Guide to Intergalactic Trading!
0.3.0.0 Stable (3 july 2008)
vwcd
Explorer
Explorer

Post by vwcd »

Hi,

Nice to hear that from a real developer... if you wanna I can help you to implement these features in VSTrade as well as help to fix some bugs, if there is any! :)

Just let me know then we can talk about it in PVT.

Regards
GoldenGnu
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by GoldenGnu »

vwcd wrote:Hi,

Nice to hear that from a real developer...
You're welcome... I'm looking forward to seeing the final product...

vwcd wrote:if you wanna I can help you to implement these features in VSTrade as well as help to fix some bugs, if there is any! :)
well it shouldn't be to hard, the data is already there, I just need to present it in a nice way... But, I simply doesn't have time ATM.

I'm trying to make the new DDS compressed files load into VSTrade, It's a god/hard/large challenge... I never worked with binary files before, so I got lots to learn, before I can present anything useful...
vwcd wrote:Just let me know then we can talk about it in PVT.
If you find any bugs, please report them, so I can fix them... Good bug reports is key to a stable program IMHO.
vwcd wrote:Regards
Take care and happy coding...
VSTrade - A Merchants Guide to Intergalactic Trading!
0.3.0.0 Stable (3 july 2008)