Upcoming forum changes.

Complaints, compliments, suggestions. Have something to say about vegastrike.sourceforge.net? Here's the place to bring it up.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Upcoming forum changes.

Post by pheonixstorm »

Deus Siddis wrote:I'd merge User Help, Compiling Problems [paste config.log] and Contributor Help & Internal How-Tos with each other.
A merge.. no, but I do agree that these have a place elsewhere. Compiling... that could be posted with development, User help... Not sure. Contributor help.. again not sure.
Deus Siddis wrote:Merge Website Support & Discussion and Administrivia (and moderators too) with each other.
Could merge but more than likely would merge into graveyard for the latter.
Deus Siddis wrote:Merge Gameplay Tactics and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Commerce Center.
Not sure.. but Both can be moved just haven't figured out where yet. Tactics to help and a funny thing over to wild wild rest. At least its a though since the latter is more for stories than anything directly game related.
Deus Siddis wrote:Merge graveyard(readonly) and General Announcements.
This is actually likely. Since announcements stay on top anyway you could still find them. Besides, 5 year old announcements are useless and obsolete anyway (or would be if we didn't ,move at a snails pace around here).
Deus Siddis wrote:Under Engine Development, merge Scripting with either Coding or Data.
Scripting should remain the way it is. its not quite data but not the same as pure C++ code either.
Deus Siddis wrote:Under Content Development, merge Content Vetting into it's parent, merge Modding Engine Room into General Modding and merge Vega Strike Canon and Authoring.
Deus Siddis wrote:Delete Vega Strike MMORPG. An MMO isn't a realistic development goal, that's why the original devs finally broke off to work on Sirikata.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Upcoming BBCode tags. Found some useful bbcode tags I will be adding onto the forums. I will hopefully get them added by the end of the week.

There will be one for google translate and another for offtopic replies (so use the latter when ya go off topic please)
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Deus Siddis wrote: Merge Website Support & Discussion and Administrivia (and moderators too) with each other.
Not merged, but Administrivia has been removed. Web support serves the same function anyway. All ol topics though were relocated to the graveyard
Merge Gameplay Tactics and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Commerce Center.
Not merged but moved. Tactics moved into VS category. A funny Thing moved to wild wild rest. While game related its mostly (or should be) stories.
Merge graveyard(readonly) and General Announcements.
Merged and GA removed.

Also...

Off topic:
EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! Yes I finally added it. Also added the google translate one as well.

Will look around for any other useful BBCodes.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Changed question captcha for Guest posting in the web support forum.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Hey. I just enabled DNSBL checking, because spam was rampant.

If anyone experiences issues (slowness, false positives, whatever), please report it (as soon as you regain access, or by e-mail to the dev mailing list).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe