Developer Tools site forum up

A forum for the discussion and development of programs to assist working on or playing with the Vegastrike engine and data sets.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Developer Tools site forum up

Post by pheonixstorm »

I have the dev tools forums up and running over at http://ppueditor.sourceforge.net/forum/ I am going to try and get everyones user/pass inserted into the db over there so you dont have to reregister. Come see whats in the making!
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Re: Developer Tools site forum up

Post by Deus Siddis »

Are these general purpose tools or specifically for the VS engine?

Because if the latter, creating a whole new forum for them seems unnecessary and even counterproductive, since not every VS related discussion will be in the same location anymore. Why not just put up a sticky for each tool on this (Developer Tools & Utilities) sub forum?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Developer Tools site forum up

Post by pheonixstorm »

Tools for the creation of general content for VS. Targeted at VS and mod creation.

The forum also gives me a chance to add on several add-on mods to the forum that I would like to see on here (w/o screwing up this board to see how they work etc).

So far 5 tools, 2 support, and 2 general. The tools will need to work with VS data, VS Ogre py, and VS Ogre lua data (though this should only really affect any script editors such as Mission Editor).

These boards I can track general need and ideas based on current code but if VS explodes again and starts getting a lot of attention (especially given that we may at some point have an mmo or mini-mmo) I will have need of more than these boards can offer. It may not be the best solution but its what I want for now.

*EDIT* If I had just the 3 tools - Mission editor, data editor, and mission wizard there would be no point in having a seperate forum regardless of what I wanted. I do not believe that I will end up with just 5 tools though as there is a HUGE amount of data that needs something easier than hand editing.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo