VS Data Editor

A forum for the discussion and development of programs to assist working on or playing with the Vegastrike engine and data sets.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

VS Data Editor

Post by pheonixstorm »

Well, ive almost got it loading the master parts list csv for editing. Probably have a working copy up some time tonight I hope. Everything compiles right now just need to finish up on some code.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: VS Data Editor

Post by pheonixstorm »

Had a few screw ups here and there with those stupid iterators and streams.. kept getting errors, segfaults, and other nasties. So, what do I do?? I write a standalone MPL editor while my brain is mulling over the other issues...

The real kicker though... I had the same iterator issues in MPLEdit. But the fix was so simple and I completely missed it! I completely forgot to uncomment the load function :oops: So there I was trying to run through the iterators when the vector was empty.. talk about a stupid bug to crash the program.

Anyway, I now have MPLEdit working so as to be a nice demo for things to come. I only have a windows binary so far so linux users will need to compile from source (nothing new for penguin folk).
Project page
Windows download file
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: VS Data Editor

Post by pheonixstorm »

MPLEdit Demo updated: previous function bug fixed, find function now working (though if you hit previous or next it will send you back to where you were pre search).