Basemaker

A forum for the discussion and development of programs to assist working on or playing with the Vegastrike engine and data sets.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Basemaker

Post by pheonixstorm »

The old basemaker compiles under windows. The problem now is getting it to run. I think I might have it configured wrong I don't know but it crashes before it even gets to main.

From my understanding of the file we may want to get the cre of this working again to either expand upon (using the upcoming base editor) or integrate part of bm into the new base editor. Ideas are welcome and I will continue to see if I can get this working or not.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Basemaker

Post by pheonixstorm »

Ok, it runs now. Seems I didn't have a define set right. Duh.. now lets see how this thing works :)
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Still can't run it through the windows debugger.. keeps coming up with the following

Code: Select all

'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'E:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Vegastrike\vega-vc9\Release\basemaker.exe', Symbols loaded.
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'E:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Vegastrike\vega-vc9\Release\glut32.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\glu32.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddraw.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dciman32.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmm.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_x-ww_d495ac4e\msvcp90.dll', Symbols loaded.
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_x-ww_d495ac4e\msvcr90.dll', Symbols loaded.
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimeng.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imm32.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\lpk.dll'
'basemaker.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\usp10.dll'
First-chance exception at 0x7c90e4ff in basemaker.exe: 0xC0000235: NtClose was called on a handle that was protected from close via NtSetInformationObject.
First-chance exception at 0x7c96671e in basemaker.exe: 0xC0000235: NtClose was called on a handle that was protected from close via NtSetInformationObject.
Unhandled exception at 0x7c96671e in basemaker.exe: 0xC0000235: NtClose was called on a handle that was protected from close via NtSetInformationObject.
The program '[2688] basemaker.exe: Native' has exited with code 255 (0xff).
Anyone have any ideas?
scallipus
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by scallipus »

just looking through the output you show, i think it's because the debug symbols are not loading...

The reason for this is because you are running the release version not the debug version, typically the release version does not contain debug symbols.

Also i notice the output shows it as exiting due to an unhandled exception... weather or not this is due to some optimisation during the release build or not i do not know
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Even w/o symbols and debug information it should still be able to run throught the debugger.. it just wont be as useful or pretty. I just wanted to find where it was crashing so I would have an idea of where to poke around in the code.
scallipus
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by scallipus »

i found this article while searching for information on the error result.

https://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?p ... ID=1031807

i do not know if you are using avira antivirus but from what i seen in the google results and checking a few pages, it seems one of the updates for it started causing this error for a lot of developers trying to debug programs
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

That could be it then. I have avira under xp and avast under win 7, should use avast for both but thought I would give avira a try since it had good reviews in a few different mags. Thanks for finding that.