Factions Hack

A forum for the discussion and development of programs to assist working on or playing with the Vegastrike engine and data sets.
Ipwnurmom221
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Factions Hack

Post by Ipwnurmom221 »

The uln are annoying, so i decided to make most factions slightly dislike them (-0.05). I found the factions.xml files and ran into 2 problems.

1. I didn't know whether to change everyone's relations with uln or the uln's relations with everyone. (I'll probably do both)

2. When i tried to save the modified factions to factions.xml the file wouldn't save. "Cannot create the C:\Program Files\Vega Strike\Vegastrike-0.5.0\factions.xml file." I made the changes in notepad.

How do I save the modified file?!
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Factions Hack

Post by pheonixstorm »

Is the file read only? Thats the first thing that comes to mind for this..
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

When done I propose moving the change upstream.

That is, committing it.

The uln are so aggressive (and quite powerful) that they make the game annoyingly unplayable. And, for me, unenjoyable. It's not the first time people complain about them.

Even if it goes against canon, I'd suggest making them neutral versus all factions, so you can mess with any faction and not get into any trouble with the uln. Only then a proper (canon-respecting) solution should be found.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Alternate proposal, just as simple and maybe more canon-friendly:
Leave the rates as they are, but give the player a higher starting relationship factor versus the Uln only; that will cut him some slack during the "nooby-time" blunders of the first days, until he'll be grown up enough to deal with them. How does that sound?
Ipwnurmom221
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Ipwnurmom221 »

Well, because I can't save the file (its not read-only), I can't really do anything with the uln's liking or disliking of me.