Jump drive not working all of a sudden?

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
BLauritson
Explorer
Explorer

Jump drive not working all of a sudden?

Post by BLauritson »

Hi all,

I'm not entirely sure whether or not this is a bug, although I can't think of anything else that may be causing it in-game, so here goes. Using version 0.5.0, currently in Cephid 17, I have a fully-working jump drive and yet whenever I get to any jump points, the LED saying I can jump doesn't activate and pressing the J key doesn't allow me to jump. I've previously been hopping around several systems and I haven't engaged in any combat or collided with anything, so I know it can't be damage. The energy indicator bars (for lack of a better term) are also full at the time of reaching the jump point. Is this a bug or something I'm doing wrong? Bearing in mind I haven't hacked or modified my save game in any way.

Regards,

Ben.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

two quick things to check first --

1) do you have an FTL capacitor installed?
2) are SPEC and autopilot deactivated at the time jumping is being attempted?

if that doesn't fix things up, we'll want to take a look at the saved definition of your ship (data/.vegastrike/serialized_xml folder/<name-of-save>/<type-of-ship>.csv) so that we can figure out if anything has gone odd.
BLauritson
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BLauritson »

I do apologise, it is my fault afterall. I'd been doing some ship upgrades and accidentally sold the FTL capacitor; I bought one again and it's working fine now. Sorry about that.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

BLauritson wrote:I do apologise, it is my fault afterall. I'd been doing some ship upgrades and accidentally sold the FTL capacitor; I bought one again and it's working fine now. Sorry about that.
No need to apologize :)

This sort of thing is exactly what this forum is for.