tractor beams for missile mounts?

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
andreasj
Merchant
Merchant

tractor beams for missile mounts?

Post by andreasj »

You can (and have been able for a long time) to equip missile mounts with tractor capability. I never looked into it before, but today I noticed that you can also put the heacvy tractor beam into a missile mount (tried it with the stock lancelot). Is this intentional or a bug? I'd say you shouldn't be able to put beams into missile mounts. If this should be changed, I recommend that the ability to install tractor capability on missile mounts is removed as well, because then it's useless. By the way, does autotracking on missile mounts do anything for missiles?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@andreasj is that missile mount also called special and yes auto-tracking helps missiles especially dumbfires if i remember correctly that special designation is why you can add the tractor beam have you tried any of the other weapons in the missile mounts.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
andreasj
Merchant
Merchant

Post by andreasj »

Yes, the missile mount is marked "special", of course only after I installed the tractor capability upgrade. This seems also to be independent from the "special-missile" capability.

After adding tractor capability to a missile mount, I can mount guns that are marked "special". Not only the heavy tractor beam, this also works with the confed milspec special guns (just tried the leech gun).

In my opinion this is a bug, because it can totally change the way some ships can be armed. Some of them like the Ariston or Progeny are supposed to be missile-based interceptors, but with this upgrade you can install special beams or guns in every missile mount.
Drakna
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Drakna »

thats not a bug but it's analogous to a custom modification