(Multiplayer) Strange docking behaviour

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Dyskord
Merchant
Merchant

(Multiplayer) Strange docking behaviour

Post by Dyskord »

When i undock from a Planet (tested Atlantis) and a station (Serenity) in Multiplayer, i seem to be kinda "stuck".
Ship moves "chppy", framerate is okay, 80 - 100 fps in general, and i dont move (speed varies between 0 and 1, SPEC not working)

I need to target a distant target first, press d once or twice, to resume normal flight, without choppyness.

Besides that, there should be some flying Cargo's in front of the Miningbase, PreFab Buildings and Food, while unloading the Cargo at the Base, i (or the system) dropped it outside, and gave me no money for it. Also was strange, that i was shown with running engines on the landing pad there.

Forgot to save the output though, maye i will try to reproduce later again.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

There are a few bugs. What you are seeing is "collide panic" mode.

As to the reason this is happening, I assume it's something to do with the fact that the base can't react to collision forces, but only your ship can, however that doesn't make sense since the negative acceleration you recieve from your collision should be far far greater than the amount of acceleration the base gets by simple physics.

So I haven't yet figured out why this collision issue is happening.

As to docking/undocking I attempted to fix that bug by making the server update your position as you remain docked. That, however, might still have some bugs associated with it.

I don't see what you mean by "dropped it outside". You should have gotten money for it... but there's a chance you died for some reason while docked to the mining base.

Hmm... yeah there are still a lot of small but still severe bugs in multiplayer due to the fact that it was designed without networked play in mind. I wish vegastrike were written differently but that's not going to change any time soon.
Dyskord
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dyskord »

"dropping outside" means:

I docked with fullspeed at Serenity. First strange thing i saw was, my ship was parking in the landing bay with running engines (White "lights" coming out from behind).
Then i sold my Cargo (food and prefab buildings) at the trade center. Could only sell 1 at a time, not all at once, or 10 units at once, and i didnt get money for it either.
Thought this might be some minor trade bug, and tried restarting the game, and reconnecting to the server. (i saved after selling the cargo).

When i took a look at Serenity, i saw several Cargo containers, floating nicely in front of the base, at the docking point that i used. Targetted some of the Cargo, and it really was mine, food and prefab buildings. After checking the Manifest, i had no money, except for the 80 credits i had left after buying that stuff to sell it to serenity.

The thing that i might have died can be possible, considering that i docked with high speed, and the little latency it had while docking. Maybe i died in that process, my client registered it as docking and so on, dont know.