targeting bug and more

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Dawe
Merchant
Merchant

targeting bug and more

Post by Dawe »

Hi all!

In some systems some jump points are hidden from the "n" target toggler and I have to scroll through all the small ships with the "t" button.

Another annoying thing is when approaching a space station or jumppoint that the spec-drive won't turn off until I reached normal speed. This can be quite tricky especially when I have a bunch of pirates behind my back wanting to shred me to ashes.. :?

About beam weapons, are they completly useless or haven't I found the proper use for them yet?

And the last point is that the Admonisher only has 60 upgrade points in the 0.5 beta, which pretty much makes one of my favorite ships useless...

The good news is that I haven't played this game this much since the 0.41 when I first discovered it!

Btw I'd like to have a go at creating misssions, maybe adding to the campaign, how to do that?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

There's certainly a lot of things to be done.

It's all Python based. You can edit the campaign by editing the "campaigns.py" file in the "modules" folder of data4.x

While it helps to know Python, it might be possible to learn by example... if you get the hang of adding nodes.

The campaign system is pretty much a directed graph, with different types of nodes, some of which follow their edges when you complete a mission, others by activating a condition (docking to a base), and others that happen when you talk to a fixer in a bar, etc.

As to adding missions, that is relatively complicated, but if you are interested I can help you through it. What type of mission were you thinking about? It might be possible to inherit from another mission type if its similar enough.
Dawe
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dawe »

I was thinking more campaign-wise, it would be great to have serveral campaigns to choose from.

I've found the campaign.py, and i'll have a go at this and try to figure it out. I get the idea, but i just need to figure out how it's done. Anyway i'll be back with questions when i got the time to dig in to this properly.. Or I'll post a new campaign! probably the first mentioned alternative.

Thanks for the fast reply btw!
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

If you're looking for a universe primer, please e-mail me at my gmail account (that being "ministerofinformation" at said) and I'll send you a current edition of the VS universe documentation.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Re: targeting bug and more

Post by jackS »

Dawe wrote: And the last point is that the Admonisher only has 60 upgrade points in the 0.5 beta, which pretty much makes one of my favorite ships useless...
A: that's a bug :-/. looks like the HSspec, Puristspec, and rgspec models have the upgrade volume improperly specified.

B: you should be able to find the other Admonisher variants (stock, salvage, milspec) with between 1200 and 1400 upgrade volume.