Mouse isn't visible

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
GoldAnt_Number1

Mouse isn't visible

Post by GoldAnt_Number1 »

Ever since I started playing Vega Strike, the mouse has not been visible whilst on planets and mining bases...etc! I have heard others mention this problem somewhere else, forgot where though. I would really appreciate it if you guys could look into this problem. I have 256 mem, 500 megahertz processor, and win 98 SE. My e mail is GASite at the sbcglobal dotten net, please give me an e mail if you guys do happen to discover problem also and fix it, I will check back occasionally, (I love the game,but sometimes spend 5 minutes trying to find where the Cargo room is, or the weapons room, I have gotten better at this guessing where rooms is thing, but its still time consuming and very hard and annoying.
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

It may be the problem with ATI cards mentioned here:

http://www.joeredcloud.com/kandarwiki/i ... ?VsFaqBugs
Q1 and Q4

Pontiac

PS: it is not a good idea to write your complete email-address in such an open place. Spammers are searching the web for addresses written down somewhere.
GoldAnt_Number1

Post by GoldAnt_Number1 »

Ah, thank you for changing my e mail so that it was a bit safer :) hehe.

COOL! I can use the right mouse button, thanks guys :), your life savers, w00tw00t
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

GoldAnt_Number1 wrote:Ah, thank you for changing my e mail so that it was a bit safer :) hehe.
Don't thank me, but the moderator who did it ;-)
COOL! I can use the right mouse button, thanks guys :), your life savers, w00tw00t
glad to help

Pontiac
Flea
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot
Location: Currently tracking a person for Bibliographical reasons...

Windows also affected

Post by Flea »

Hmm... Thanks for that link, Pontiac. I tried to run the game ages ago, and at that time there was no information on the subject yet ;)
I will try to trim down on the graphics options a bit. I have a great machine with a lousy graphics card ;).
One thing, though - Q1 states that this occurs on Mac OS and Linux, both with ATI, and that it does not occur in Windows.
Well, it does - I run it, sadly, and I have the same problem. Ah, well... RMB for me as well :)
pontiac
Elite
Elite

Re: Windows also affected

Post by pontiac »

Flea wrote:One thing, though - Q1 states that this occurs on Mac OS and Linux, both with ATI, and that it does not occur in Windows.
Well, it does - I run it, sadly, and I have the same problem. Ah, well... RMB for me as well :)
So you have an ATI card? It's an ATI's driver issue as far as i know.

Pontiac
Flea
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot
Location: Currently tracking a person for Bibliographical reasons...

Post by Flea »

Nope, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX, actually, but low memory. Thought that that might be the problem. Trying some stuff in Direct3D atm - also doesn't work properly, but that might be because of the lousy interface between DirectX and VB. Or my mistranslations of calls examples in C :D Anyway, I had the problem more than a year ago as well, with a different Win PC. Don't know which card that was, though. I will have to start playing anyway, because I only just started to fly around a bit ;) The pointer is only a minor inconvenience.