shield bug?

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Drakna
Hunter
Hunter

shield bug?

Post by Drakna »

this may actually be a feature of some beam weapons i am not sure. but it seems against some of the beam weapons shields dont block any damage. i have 4 of those IR laser beams and shields dont seem to matter to them. this goes the same for alot of the turret mounted weapons on cap ships. i take hull damage despite my shields appearing to not have taken any damage
Dyskord
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dyskord »

I think there are weapons that have "phase damage" which goes straight through shields.
Drakna
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Drakna »

ah so thats what phase damage is
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

Dyskord wrote:I think there are weapons that have "phase damage" which goes straight through shields.
And you would be entirely correct to think so :)

Actually, many of the new weapons have at least some shield-penetrating damage, but most of them only do a small fraction of their damage as shield piercing. Laser-type weapons (not to be confused with the "Laser" weapon which clearly states that it's not a LASER), on the other hand, are notable in that they do the majority of their damage in a shield piercing fashion.
Drakna
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Drakna »

*nods* or basically all thier damage in a shield piercing manner. IE my FS IR laser range of 22.5 Km does 529 MJ phase damage but only actually does some 226 MJ damage