Problems with new Keybindings

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
eddit
Merchant
Merchant

Problems with new Keybindings

Post by eddit »

I'm having some issues with the new keybindings. The change view keys that have been mapped to the number keys all work fine, but the communications keys arn't. F1 works as expected, but F2-F4 change views rather than do communications! The config file looks OK so I suspect something's hardcoded to the function keys.

PS: Where should we be posting bug reports? Here or in the bug tracker?
"beauty is skin deep
but samples with keratin
are just plain ugly"
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Re: Problems with new Keybindings

Post by jackS »

eddit wrote:I'm having some issues with the new keybindings. The change view keys that have been mapped to the number keys all work fine, but the communications keys arn't. F1 works as expected, but F2-F4 change views rather than do communications! The config file looks OK so I suspect something's hardcoded to the function keys.

PS: Where should we be posting bug reports? Here or in the bug tracker?
To the PostScript first:
This forum is a good place to hash out the nature of something that seems like a bug -- to discuss it and then triage it (is it actually a bug, has anyone else ever seen this, is this a known bug/"feature", is there a workaround, what's the actual root bug if there are many symptoms, etc.)
Once you feel you have a good grip (at least in terms of being able to describe or, even better, reproduce it) on what it is you've actually encountered, or at least a good enough one to figure out whether it's one of the bugs already in the tracker or not a bug at all, then that would be a good time to post a bug report. The forum is much more interactive and should be bug-discussion oriented, and the tracker a tool for actually tracking down the bugs. This forum would, for example, be a good place to ask about which files might warrant attachment for a given bug.

to the actual bug (which may well be tracker-worthy if anyone else is having the same problem) ---

I can't reproduce it. The current keybindings work for me as advertised :-/

What type of keyboard do you have, etc?
If you check your config file, are the "function-2" keys assigned multiple times? Does the config file show up as proper XML when viewed by XML viewers?
eddit
Merchant
Merchant

Post by eddit »

I'm using a Microsoft USB keyboard (Digital Media Keynboard, v1.0A).
and Windows XP Pro

I'm using the default config, although I have run the setup program and changed the shaders. I'll restore to the SVN config and run it unmodified and see if I get the same problem.
"beauty is skin deep
but samples with keratin
are just plain ugly"
eddit
Merchant
Merchant

Post by eddit »

Correction, it's just F2 and F3 that are giving the views. All the other Function keys work as they should. F2 is giving me the same view as "7" and F3 is giving me the same view as "6".

This is with the config reverted to the current SVN and not modified with setup.
"beauty is skin deep
but samples with keratin
are just plain ugly"
eddit
Merchant
Merchant

Post by eddit »

Finally sorted this one out. It was a "feature" on my keyboard that some of the function keys default to some windows app functions unless i press the "F Lock" key.
"beauty is skin deep
but samples with keratin
are just plain ugly"