Autopilot or gravitation anomolies

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Jibbles
Merchant
Merchant

Autopilot or gravitation anomolies

Post by Jibbles »

Had a wee bug just before, where i kept being drawn towards a planet, usualy a specific planet.
I noticed this when I was using my afterburner to go away from the planet (speed increasing as well), and then kinda landed on the surface.

I think it started after taking control of one of my torpedos and landing that on a planet (damn luddite ship was inside the planet). Anyway I launched the torpedo then jumped back in my ship, and then i started having problems. (I suspect it is the stupid AI still trying to drive my ship).

I am using version 0.4.3, downloaded thru the sourceforge links on this site.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome Jibbles and thanks for the report since it is 0.4.3 it is highly probably it's been fixed in the SVN version but it may have been missed 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Jibbles
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Jibbles »

Thanks for the welcome :P. I actualy just signed up with a new account coz the old 1 dissappeared lol. (posted a message on tuesday, went to log in on wednesday and invalid details. http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=9404 being one of my previous posts).

Yea, i figured that it has probably already been fixed by now. Still it is a rather annoying bug, makes docking near impossible.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

We some times get carried away deleting the spam bots sorry about that Jibbles :oops: as for that bug i have not noticed anything like that in the current svn .

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Jibbles
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Jibbles »

No worries.

Now I have another rather annoying bug to report (still using 0.4.3). I am flying my Clydesdale through space, trying to keep as straight as possible with a tractor beam as my only mounted weapon, then all of a sudden I have no tractor and some other weapon there (such as torpedos with no ammo, repulsor beam (this might have been my, though i find this doubtful as I pulled in sips with it), gauss, and hailfire). I actualy watched it change to torpedos.
It changed several times before i decided thats it, and has changed several times since i first put the tractor/heavy tractor on it.

and one more thing to note, I was flying a torpedo, it was destroyed and it counted as me being blown up. can I just respawn like usual and everything is fine, or is this some bug.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Are you sure you aren't hitting the "]" or "[" keys by accident?

One of them switches to different units (including missiles) you control (or in your faction), and the other switches into your turrets.
That would explain the flying the torpedo bit.

As to respawning, that is done from the last time you saved... so as long as you didn't save while flying a torpedo you should be fine (also, even if you did, you should be able to get your other ship back through the "Fleet" menu in the ship purchasing menu.

Anyway this feature is not really intended to be used... perhaps it should be disabled.
Jibbles
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Jibbles »

Yea i discovered the [ to control torpedos a while back, I decided to piss off an area cap ship in my goddard (bad idea), so I fired a torpedo, cloaked and took control of it (hoping to gain a hit). My torpedo was shot down and it did that whole "you died press ; to respawn" thing, (whilst my ship was in prefect nick still).
I've had trouble with this torpedo thing before (see above), so it would probably be wise to leave area cap ships alone :P.

ps thanks for the reply
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I'm not sure, but you might be able to use the bracket to switch back into your ship after dying (instead of semicolon)... but that's just a guess.

You could also just hit bracket a second before impact :-D to safely return to your ship.
Jibbles
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Jibbles »

Just had another crash (jumping through the same point 3 times at once i.e. jump systemA to system B, back to systemA then to B), wasn't sure if I had actualy jumped or not.
Anyway here are the files
Using 0.4.3, d/l from here, usin winXP pro
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

Thanks for the reports
the should hopefully have been solved in the beta of 0.5.0 we will be shipping shortly
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/