White engines.

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

White engines.

Post by ace123 »

I saw this when I was docking to a mining base... the engines were flickering to white, but it seemed like it happened only from certain angles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Weird - that would mean probably that thoze enginez are uzing the bumpmap zhaderz, and zhoudln't. Thoze are different engine flamez than uzual though... they're aeran. If you could confirm that happening on all aeran zhipz, then there'z probably zomething wrong with the arean engine flame bfxm.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I think it's some sort of division by zero in the length of the engines... maybe the new shader displays that division by zero more prominently.

I see it only when my ship isn't completely stopped, but is adjusting its speed by a very small amount.

The white area always looks like a single polygon instead of stretched like engines normally do.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

we just need to have a bigger stretch epsilon where below that epsilon the engine doesn't draw at all (as if the velocity was 0)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/