Insane SPEC speeds and "stuck" in a planet

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
onearmfrog
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Insane SPEC speeds and "stuck" in a planet

Post by onearmfrog »

I was fighting a pirate ship near the Oceanic:Atlantis planet and when I won I started using my afterburner in order to leave the planet. The numbers on the afterburner were astronomical and then, when I used the spec it went crazy, passing the whole galaxy in a milisecond.

Another time I was going to a rocky planet and when I left the pad (which took forever to land on) I couldn't leave the planet, I was just stuck in space, and using the afterburner didn't help.

Stdout and Stderr Attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome onearmfrog which version are you running because if it was the development version there is no pure SPEC any more just the ASAP auto-pilot and if by after burner do mean toggling "y" to remove he combat cap on your velocity or "TAB" for overdrive which should only boost your velocity about 10 %.Using SPEC without the speed cap can lead to what you describe.

Enjoy the Choice. :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

If you are able to save, then saving and reloading will get you out of the planet you are stuck in. True, it shouldn't be able to happen.

I actually had a similar problem lately with a ship with maximum speed of 550 shot through small objects like a jump point or a base without getting down to 0 velocity. Not sure about going through a planet though.