svn from 01 September Load Savegame bug - 0 size csv.

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

svn from 01 September Load Savegame bug - 0 size csv.

Post by energyman76b »

Hi,
I did an svn checkout on 09.01.

Vegastrike compiled fine and it works. The new autopilot is great and everything.

I did the 'Jenek' mission, saved, did some other cargo mission, saved, loaded the savegame - the shipstats are totally bust. No cargo room, 3kmh max speed, no weapons (I bought some) nothing.

Ok, I restarted the game. I took the Jenek mission, I flew some cargo missions, I saved, I quit. I loaded the savegame - dito.

Then I looked into
/.vegastrike/serialized_xml/neues_spiel_nach_jenek_mission

ls -lh
insgesamt 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 energyman users 0 3. Sep 01:32 llama.begin.csv

ouch.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

problem is that the ships are now named with capital letters Llama.begin.csv

I'm not sure who changed it--but it's been changed for a while--I think you'll have to wipe your savegames
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

but this happens when I start with a complete new game - no savegames at all.

I start vegastrike, I click in 'campaign', I save - and have a 0 byte dud file in the savegame directory.

there are some savegame files from older games - but they aren't touched - so I really don't see how they could influence this.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Because you still have a New_Game savegame in /home/you/.vegastrike/save - at least that's what I found was happening on my computer. If you still have trouble after deleteing New_Save, we'll see...
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

klauss wrote:Because you still have a New_Game savegame in /home/you/.vegastrike/save - at least that's what I found was happening on my computer. If you still have trouble after deleteing New_Save, we'll see...
yeah, it was New_Game *sniff* my lovely Goddard - gone. But the bug is gone too....