Random crashes

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
jibbles

Random crashes

Post by jibbles »

I've had this happen a couple ot times, both whilst docked (I can't remember where I was the first time, possibly the same place), but the latest was at a starfortress in the docking bay (in the everett system). I had to leave the computer a bit, and I came back to find the microsoft error reporting telling me that it had crashed.
Are there any files i should upload before playing it again? (or is there a specific thread where I should post this).
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Yes there are two files you need. Thanks for asking.

You should find the stderr.txt and stdout.txt files, usually located in the "bin" folder.
It generally works best if you use the forum's attachment feature, but if that doesn't work, copy and paste should be fine.
Using this new thread is fine.

In addition, I would be interested in your system specifications, what video card you have, what operating system, and the version of vega strike (how you downloaded it).
jibbles

Post by jibbles »

Right
My system is as follows:
Asus Extreme AX700 video (ATI X700)
1024MB dual channel DDR-400
AMD64 3000+ skt 939
Asus A8N-E motherboard
Soundblaster Live audio
Windows XP pro +SP2
(I shouldn't think anything else would matter, however if it doesn't then let me know)

Vegastrike version.....0.4.3, and I downloaded it via the downloads section of this site. (interestingly enough i found out about this game whilst googling pictures of the galaxy class starship from star trek ) :P

I knew there were some files i needed to upload, i just couldn't remember which
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Unfortunately I see no clues at all as to the reason for your crash.
The stdout is chopped in the middle of a python script execution, so it didn't flush the buffer before crashing.
Everything there looks pretty standard, and I don't see how it would have crashed if you were away from the computer.
The crash could really have been because of anything.

But you might be in luck because there's going to be another release this week or next week, and you will be able to download it and see if that works on your computer.
jibbles

Post by jibbles »

Hey, thanks for all that. Its most likely a windows problem, i kinda ment to reimage about a year ago :P
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

maybe an opengl screensaver.

also do a few memory checks with a memtest+ boot cdrom.

Vegastrike is really memory intensive. you must use swap else it will crash even with 1GB ram.