The great report broken trade missions thread

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

The great report broken trade missions thread

Post by pheldens »

I just visited this ship, but the trade mission isn't completed, but still active :( this type of bug is very discouraging to players as It took a lot of time and effort to land.

shot:

pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

Seems related to the "4" or <4> or ..
Because in the mission dialog, under active missions, it appeared under the incorrect name "4"

Some variable fuck up?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@pheldens there should also be a reference in stdout or stderr about active missions that may give more specific info on with python module it occurs in.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

All trademissions with a ship as target are broken so far...
either the ships are gone in the atrget system, or when you visit them, the mission doesn't complete.

Please disable all trade missions with a ship as target, until this is fixed.
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

Ohyes, if you experience nthis too, try saving the game and restarting, sometimes it picks a new target. ...hopefully a planet or station
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

Now I have another one where the target is blank?

it says

"Visit "

After arriving in the target system.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

well the idea is you have to dock to them...do they have docking ports to dock to?
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

well DOH!

Even after docking at the correct ships, (if you're lucky enough they are in the system) the mission doesn't complete. That was my point.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

There was major units.csv breakage lately, I'm not sure if it would have anything to do with this, but maybe.

Thing is... units.csv says things like "Llama.begin" while it should say "llama.begin". I fixed it and now I see people complaining their llamas disappeared... maybe I didn't fully fix it. I believe a walk down the revisions path will be necessary to track when that caps problem started.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

No, I believe the capitalization was intentional. It does break all saved games however, so everyone will have to start from scratch.
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

case bugs are pathetic at this stage of developement, has any dev ever written a testprog that looks for violations yet?
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

ace123 wrote:No, I believe the capitalization was intentional. It does break all saved games however, so everyone will have to start from scratch.
Erm... why? Was there any reason?

Case changes "for the sake of it" will piss off users greatly. Also they are the type of pothole where you can end up with stupid crashes because somebody forgot case. Better to just mandate lowercase for everything and stick to it from the beginning - less chance for error that way.
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

the idea was that during the great rebalance ships were changed enough that your savegame would become meaningless...and this was a good way to deprecate it...
don't worry, in a release we'll change the .vegastrike folder to something else to avoid conflicts in savegames like that (instead it won't "find" any savegames to begin with)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Unfortunately one of the sad things about using development releases is that things change very often. Overall you should expect to have some sort of problem if you update.

It is easy to modify your credits in a saved game (that is, if you keep a backup) to get back to where you were.

I actually once tried to circumvent the stats rebalance by renaming my llama, and I ended up with a ship that couldn't be upgraded because it had Dual Shields while it only supported quad.

Maybe in the future we should change the Version.txt each time there's an incompatible change (new New_Game or changing units.csv)
winthrowe
Explorer
Explorer

Capship cargo destination workaround

Post by winthrowe »

pheldens:
All trade missions with a ship as target are broken so far...
either the ships are gone in the atrget system, or when you visit them, the mission doesn't complete.

Please disable all trade missions with a ship as target, until this is fixed.
I've had some trouble with capships as cargo destinations, and one thing I've done is change the modules/dynamic_mission.py which gives a random chance of there being a capship destination to 0, which seems to eliminate those pesky capships. I haven't played with it too long though, too busy moving, so YMMV.

Code: Select all

Index: data4.x/modules/dynamic_mission.py
===================================================================
--- data4.x/modules/dynamic_mission.py  (revision 11483)
+++ data4.x/modules/dynamic_mission.py  (working copy)
@@ -371,7 +371,8 @@
 def generateCargoMission (path, numcargos,category, fac):
     #if (isNotWorthy(fac)):
     #    return
-    launchcap=(vsrandom.random()>=.97)
+    # No capships for cargo destinations
+    launchcap=0 #(vsrandom.random()>=.97)
     if (not launchcap) and not isHabitable(path[-1]):
         return
     diff=vsrandom.randrange(0,adjustQuantityDifficulty(6))
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

after ditching my savegames, stuff seems to work again now with a fresh checkout.