11444 hard crash while loading

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by whatch1 »

Sorry to be bearer of bad news

files attached single file text format stderr first then stdout

windows error box with a (do you want to debug message)

text unselectable

sig pc is what i'm running, fail occured after main menu

After all we've been though call me Bill
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

are you sure you have the latest binary? I committed it to data--but maybe you forgot to update and build that?
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by whatch1 »

I am an advanced windows user mostly shrinkwrap games i'm currently unemployed thus am able to play svn and theroreticaly help out by reporting errors or succseses

My sequence for tonight i ran the update function on tortious SVN ran setup to match loosly my hardware and then ran the vegastrike.exe in the bin directory and got a crash on loading .

Well i thought mabee i got a corrupted file so i deleted the entire svn data structure on my hard disk.

downloaded the entire mess again ran setup to match loosly my hardware and then ran the vegastrike.exe in the bin directory and got a crash on loading .

Text of windows crash window

BOX Header Vegastrike.exe
vegastrike.exe has encoutered a problem and needs to close
we are sorry for the inconvience if you were in the middle of some thing

this occured durring the loading of quicksilver.pp(?).jpg

This box this refered to vegastike.exe 0.0.0.0 mod 51260.2180 glu32.dll ofset0000.73.72

The the tecnical info box displayed more crap than i can type and was not selectable

Not sure what else u need

Bill
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

try updating again--see if it still crashes--we changed some things
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by whatch1 »

error reports same as above will post stderr and stdout if needed same error box same circumstances ran setup ran veagastrike as above

my hardware
intel board d875pbz, intel p4 prescot 3.2 ghz 800 front side bus 2GB Kingston Value Ram as 4 512Mb module BFG 6600gt nvidia card 128 mb gdr creative labs audiology card 2 seagate 80GB sata 150 hard drives in raid stripe all hardware checks out

windows xp pro sp2 all current security updates

Bill
i have a free long distance (US) phone
email a number if you want to talk to me direct