ASAP/SPEC problems in SVN

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

ASAP/SPEC problems in SVN

Post by Miramor »

In the current SVN I've noticed two problems with SPEC and the new ASAP...

1. ASAP has big problems getting you near capships, even when they're not moving very fast - it causes you to zoom right past them at a good distance, turn around, zoom by again, etc. I haven't been able to get within less than 1500 km of a capship using it.

2. Dropping out of SPEC at high speeds can move you huge distances instantaneously under certain conditions. If you're moving along at full SPEC speed and several hundred light minutes distant from a planet, and drop out of SPEC, you can end up less than a light second away from it.

BTW, is there a way to disable ASAP so I can steer manually in SPEC?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

The cap ship problem has been reported the spec interdiction value for each ship needs tweaking that's a lot of ships ATM :shock:

The drop out of spec does seem new i guess there was no reason to drop out at high speed before :wink:

Open vegastike.config and change the bindings yourself the old cmd's are still around it's ASAP that was changed.Use the syntax highlighting in gedit to XML so that your edits are valid.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
rigelan
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by rigelan »

I believe the original SPEC functionality is still available. You just need to remap the keys in vegastrike.config.

But They did take it out for a reason, so that we could playtest the ASAP.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

actually it was a bug...download the latest and try again
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
El Bobbo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by El Bobbo »

So, as of SVN 11411 both "A" and "a" are still bound to ASAP. If you want to change this, you need to change

Code: Select all

<bind key="a" modifier="none" command="ASAP" />
to

Code: Select all

<bind key="a" modifier="none" command="ToggleWarpDrive" />
I could swear one of the devs said they had temporarily mapped both keys to ASAP to make people test it more, but maybe I made that up.
running (I finally got a new computer so I can play VS again!):
ubuntu linux 8.04
AMD Athlon XP 2 GHz
1 GB RAM
GeForce FX 5200