Unit status is independent of savegame

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Unit status is independent of savegame

Post by Halleck »

This is probably a longstanding issue, but I thought I'd bring it to attention.

The status- namely, damage- of a unit is persistent across save games.

This is best explained by an example:

I was docking with the fighterbase in Cephid 17 when I crashed into it. When I respawned with the ; key, I noticed that the HUD image indicated that the fighterbase a damaged hull. The same thing happened again, and this time the fighterbase had damage sparks coming out of it. I tried loading another save game, and even starting a new game, but the fighterbase would not revert to an undamaged state.

After ten or so repeats of this proccess, the fighterbase exploded. It was gone when I respawned.

I'd target this to be dealt with after release. Seems like we are not saving/retrieving this information when we should be.
Last edited by Halleck on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astaedus
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Astaedus »

it's not only the damage that's saved. the upgrades and cargo available at bases and planets has the same problem.

example: if you don't like the missions you get offered, or the planet/base you are on is out of a commodity it usually has, you can save the game, restart vegastrike and load the game to remedy it.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

example: if you don't like the missions you get offered, or the planet/base you are on is out of a commodity it usually has, you can save the game, restart vegastrike and load the game to remedy it.
This has been posted about a few times and used as an exploit by a couple of posters :shock:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2