svn 11185 cargo cash bug

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

svn 11185 cargo cash bug

Post by whatch1 »

cargo cash bug

start new game, load ship with cargo , save game quit game reopen saved game get another 13,500 in cash load more cargo save game repeat

talk to bartender multiple times text screen not refreshed old text remains
new text over writes existing text

spec multiplyer over writes frames counter

saved at serenity quit when i reloaded i was at atlantis with serenity cargo and another 13,500 in cash
Last edited by whatch1 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

I get this sometimes, does anyone know how ti fix this? Maybe a patch..?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Are you saving under a new saved game each time? Or are you overwriting an old one?

What operating system do you use? Windows XP? Linux? Mac OSX?
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

svn 11185 cargo cash bug

Post by whatch1 »

windows XP pro, overwritin same save file, svn 11185 using launcher not front end problem is consistant and persistant

start new game load cargo save game quit game start saved game go to trade center cargo still loaded credit shows 13,500 repeat fly to serenity
sell cargo load new cargo save game quit game load game im back at atlantis with serenity cargo and another 13,500 credits

somthiing is giving a new game signal at each reload im not sure what would happen if significant funds where availible not tied up in cargo

i'll try that next.

use my email or PM so i can send you the save game

Bill

i think a centralized banking system could solve this
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

svn11196 cargo cash bug still here

Post by whatch1 »

ACE123

I have a save file for this

anybody hereing this?

Opening a saved file on atlantis resets availible funds to 13,500 credits if your money's not tied up in cargo it reesets to 13500 no matter if you have 53 or 53000 if it is not in the cargo hold hold

email or pm me i can get it to you

Bill
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I'm looking into why this might happen... I doubt that it's something specific with your saved game, however.
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

11287 ace123

Post by whatch1 »

cargo cash reset bug still here

ace123 i usualy save seriely m1, m2 and use the launcher app it loads much faster than the front end but if you reload the game you saved your cash wiped to 13500 your kills zeroed reputation back to start your ship upgrades stay as well as anything in cargo hold. my work around has been to crete a dummy save and load the last mission inside the game two missions ago serenity disapared couln't choose as destination

another wierd one atlantis and don't re-supply trade goods unless you quit and reload then they have the the basic item list full again this didn't seem to happen in 0.4.3

any help thanx

Bill
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Please don't use the launcher app, it has been deprecated and phased out since 0.4.3 and may be the source of your problems.

Is there a problem with the current in-game start-up menu in SVN?
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

re launcher app

Post by whatch1 »

I tried the front end and it took ten minutes to load despite defragmenting after svn check out

can someone tell me why the save files so large?
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

If you start a new game or specify a mission manually, you're going to have long load times due to regenerating parts of the universe and cap ships.

If you ran vegastrike in the data4.x dir w/o arguments and selected load save game from the menu, it should load quickly, usually takes 30 seconds to a minute on my machine.

So many changes have gone on, I recommend deleting the .vegastrike user dir and beginning cleanly. Older saves and data are likely not valid/compatible anymore or at the very least, describe a game that you're not really playing anymore due to all the dataset changes.

Although with the latest svn pull, I'm seeing a message about "Purging" that I never saw before which seriously slows down saved game loads. Perhaps that's due to a stagnant user dir, I haven't deleted mine in many revisions
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

responding to above

Post by whatch1 »

I'm running 11287 now but on a machine a genearation back due to mother board problems on my sig pc

back up pc is running xp home on p3 900 with 768 ram PC100 ram gforce 6200 agp 4x ? nothing is fast

asap auto pilot has a place in the game but how do you select nothing when you just need to bug out of a bad situation

give a standard spec option another button
El Bobbo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by El Bobbo »

If you want you can edit vegastrike.config to reenable normal SPEC. I think you would need to chage "<bind key="a" modifier="none" command="ASAP" />" to "<bind key="a" modifier="none" command="ToggleWarpDrive" />", but I'm not sure if this is exactly the right syntax for the command you need for normal spec (can't find my old config file...) According to Halleck:
We're forcing SVN players to use the new ASAP right now so it gets the maximum amount of testing possible before release. (You can still rebind SPEC in the config, of course.) Manual SPEC should be available by default in the release, but expect to see ASAP as the reccomended method of transportation.
running (I finally got a new computer so I can play VS again!):
ubuntu linux 8.04
AMD Athlon XP 2 GHz
1 GB RAM
GeForce FX 5200