Can't jump

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Shrike
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Can't jump

Post by Shrike »

Messed around, trading a few missions. Got the cash for a jump drive. Bought it. Took an outsystem mission. Couldn't jump. Tried stopping right on the jump point. Nothing. Tried all the other Heaven's_Gate jumps, nothing.

Went to a base, cash was still minus the 9 grand for the drive. Jump drive was now red, couldn't buy another. It doesn't show in my ship downgrades though.

So, the system thinks I have a jump drive, but it doesn't work.

stderr and stdout don't show anything that I can see that is related at all.
In a democracy, two wolves and a sheep take a majority vote on what's for supper. In a constitutional republic, the wolves are forbidden on voting on what's for supper, and the sheep are well armed. - Anonymous
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

was your jump energy charged
check the blue charge indicator (red is for weapons)
the blue one recharges slowly--be patient
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Shrike
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Shrike »

Pretty sure it was. I was parked on a jump point for a long while. But I'll try it again.
In a democracy, two wolves and a sheep take a majority vote on what's for supper. In a constitutional republic, the wolves are forbidden on voting on what's for supper, and the sheep are well armed. - Anonymous
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Shrike wrote:Pretty sure it was. I was parked on a jump point for a long while. But I'll try it again.
from experience a while back (I don't know if it's been changed)....you had to have full jump energy *before* you entered the jump-point, otherwise it wouldn't work until you left and came back in :-/

Dan.a
MighMoS
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MighMoS »

The same thing happens to me in all of my games :( . My meter is fully charged, I remember buying a jump drive, but I can't jump, and I can't sell it. This has happened in all of my games.
MighMoS
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MighMoS »

Ok. I'm a lier. I didn't know the distance had to be a negative number :oops: . I thought it was something like docking. But I still can't sell it though.
hoovsbin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hoovsbin »

I, too, thought I had this 'Won't Jump Bug', but I only needed to wait for the blue bar energy to be at 100% [i]before[/i] my ship entered the blue jump sphere.

Before you enter the jump sphere, hit F9 for a short interval to ensure a full energy charge, and give it another try.