Lack of in system missions; can't jump

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
77Punker
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Lack of in system missions; can't jump

Post by 77Punker »

Okay...on my first run, the ship had a top speed of 14000 and was way too fast to do anything. I quit and started again, it worked fine, no trouble with that since. Now here's a recurring problem: I'm in Heaven's Gate, and there aren't enough local missions to get money for a jump drive. Secondly, once I was able to get the money for a jump drive, I took a mission that required jumping and I got to the gate and hit j. The little voice came on, but nothing happened. This happened in WinXP with .3.9.1
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you need to wait until your jump bar is totally charged :-) (the blue line, not the red one)

we need to make a few more insys missions probably

did you talk to any fixers in the bar
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Lack of in system missions; can't jump

Post by enlightenment »

77Punker wrote:I'm in Heaven's Gate, and there aren't enough local missions to get money for a jump drive.
Is this a bug? There are more than enough ways to earn huge quantities of credits (millions) by doing trade runs between the mining bases, Nief, and Bernoose. The missions aren't that much of a cash generator given that it's possible to make on the order of 10,000 credits per trip between Bernoose and the inner rings mining base.
77Punker
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by 77Punker »

OK OK OK....I got enough money for a jump drive after about an hour of doing what amounted to about 3 in system cargo missions. The problem was, the mission BBS and the bar never did many in system missions.
TomCerul

Post by TomCerul »

As a new user, I'd really love it if the bartender (for example) told you about planet to planet trading as a way to make some cash. It's kinda frustrating to start docked to a station that has Nothing useful to new people. (Lot's over jump missions that you Can accept even though you can't afford a jump drive yet.)
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

I am working on that for the next version. I hope to have the agricultural base bartender be an ex merchant, and give a fair bit of basic trading tips. Also, I plan on having a number of trading tips specific for each base type. Refinery tips at a refinery, industrial tips at an industrial planet, etc.

Here's a tip, though: Food to mining base, raw metals and radioactives to agricultural.