Can't see buttons in map

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Shrike
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Can't see buttons in map

Post by Shrike »

I can tell there are buttons down the right side of the map, and I can click them, but all I see is are tiny vertical red lines which look like they might be the highlight of right side of the buttons.

GF3, all vid settings maxxed except res at 1280x1024.
In a democracy, two wolves and a sheep take a majority vote on what's for supper. In a constitutional republic, the wolves are forbidden on voting on what's for supper, and the sheep are well armed. - Anonymous
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

So you can click on the buttson and they press
are you saying that you don't know what the buttons do?
or is there a graphical bug?
can you present us with a screenshot (or mail it to hellcatv 2 hotmail dot com )
sorry but it works for me (I have a GeForce3 @ 1240 ) so I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Can't see buttons in map

Post by enlightenment »

Shrike wrote:I can tell there are buttons down the right side of the map, and I can click them, but all I see is are tiny vertical red lines which look like they might be the highlight of right side of the buttons.
Silly question time:

Have you tried turning your ship so the exterior light is illuminating the map panel? The map isn't self-illuminated and the frame will be pitch black at certain orientations.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

we should change the model to emit some light, eh?
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by enlightenment »

hellcatv wrote:we should change the model to emit some light, eh?
Just put a small 'map light' on the top. ;)
Shrike
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Shrike »

It could be that the map wasn't turned to the light. I did notice a bit later that it seem to display correctly, i.e., grey metal, no labels on buttons.

I'm wrapped up in installing and modding a new postnuke setup for my buddy Striking Viking's site ATM (getting prepped for his RTW (round the world) ride which starts next year), so I might not get another chance to play tonight.
In a democracy, two wolves and a sheep take a majority vote on what's for supper. In a constitutional republic, the wolves are forbidden on voting on what's for supper, and the sheep are well armed. - Anonymous
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

I think this is want you are talking about:
http://members.chello.at/stefbuer/vegas ... _3dmap.jpg

And i can confirm, that when you turn directly into the sun, the map becomes dark.

Pontiac

PS: Cool i'm an ISO ;-)
Duality
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Duality »

I thought it was notmal for the buttons to not have text on it..

Hay good job ont he 3d map anyways.
Shrike
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Can't see buttons in map

Post by Shrike »

Enlightenment wrote:
Shrike wrote:Have you tried turning your ship so the exterior light is illuminating the map panel? The map isn't self-illuminated and the frame will be pitch black at certain orientations.
This was indeed the problem. Started fresh again and had the same issue. I couldn't turn the ship with the mouse, but I could with the kb. As it turned light hit the map and it looked fine.

Every time I start a new game, when I undock I end up in that same orientation, with just a hair of light on the right side of the map. Could be confusing for those new to the game, and also for the true dumbasses such as myself.