New bug found..

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Duality
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

New bug found..

Post by Duality »

In the Vegastrike upgrade selection, when upgrading a new part, no text shows except for repair and Back to catagories.. Unlike, when you select something in a list, at least a weapon and its description shows up.

anyone encounter this?
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

I've encountered this one as well.

You can still tell what you have selected by looking in the right window. When you buy the item, it will show up in red as it should.

This is only for ship upgrades, I have not encountered any troubles with regular cargo displaying.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

well someone took out the default constructor that sets the color of the upgrades to white...
so it was whatever happened to be in memory at the time---black for you guys

ace123 my bro is uploading a fix for windows...thanks for reporting this one
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

patch

Post by ace123 »

The patch has been up for a few hours on teh sf downloads page, although the sourceforge ftp server has already kicked me off 3 times, just as the upload was supposed to be finished, meaing that the only way to get the corect version is to download 3.9 and then the patch to 3.9.1, overwriting the files
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

the patch works!
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

unitialized mem=BAD

Post by ace123 »

what had happened was that the function that was used to set the color inside the CargoColor class was deleted, so it defaulted to black instead of white, although sometimes, if we were unlucky, the colors would randomly be greated than 1, meaning that the color would be white instead, and therefore, we never realized the problem until too late.