Collision detection and some other stuff

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!

Collision detection and some other stuff

Post by Guest »

When the turrets on the mining station (and probably anything else with moving turrets, i'm not sure) shoot at you, they seem to be able to shoot right through their own ship. If the ship could damage itself it would probably be too easy to trick it into blowing itself up. Maybe the turrets need to be restricted from pointing at certain angles?

Also the transparent globe things on the mining station let you see right through it. It looks like the back faces on the other side get culled. Even if they showed up though isn't there something wrong with mining a hollow asteroid? :shock:

One last 'feature' - ejecting is a little messed up. if you eject you can still switch back to the cockpit and keep ejecting over and over (dozens of little space guys all over, really fun. you can even start fights :twisted:). If you ask for permission you can also fly back to your ship and dock with it. There's a bar and everything (pretty fancy ship huh?).
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Re: Collision detection and some other stuff

Post by dandandaman »

Anonymous wrote:When the turrets on the mining station (and probably anything else with moving turrets, i'm not sure) shoot at you, they seem to be able to shoot right through their own ship. If the ship could damage itself it would probably be too easy to trick it into blowing itself up. Maybe the turrets need to be restricted from pointing at certain angles?
this is possible, and only needs time from people wanting to make the adjustments
Anonymous wrote:Also the transparent globe things on the mining station let you see right through it. It looks like the back faces on the other side get culled. Even if they showed up though isn't there something wrong with mining a hollow asteroid? :shock:
yes, the model needs to be fixed a bit
Anonymous wrote:One last 'feature' - ejecting is a little messed up. if you eject you can still switch back to the cockpit and keep ejecting over and over (dozens of little space guys all over, really fun. you can even start fights :twisted:). If you ask for permission you can also fly back to your ship and dock with it. There's a bar and everything (pretty fancy ship huh?).
yes, but remember, it's only 0.3 whatever...this stuff is mainly cause artwork is incomplete, or legacy stuff hasn't been completely updated

Dan.a

Post by Guest »

I realize it isn't finished (although it looks pretty good so far!), and there's probably a lot of more important stuff to work on, but all these little things do need to be fixed eventually.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Anonymous wrote:I realize it isn't finished (although it looks pretty good so far!), and there's probably a lot of more important stuff to work on, but all these little things do need to be fixed eventually.
yep, thanks :-) I was just letting you know the current status on those particular things :-)

Dan.a